What's new

PSOv2 does not boot!

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Hi - I have been trying to run this game for a bit and It always loads as if it is a music CD, it is 100% selfbooting as I have played it on the Original DC!!!
Any ideas of a fix/Workaround, Cheers
Grant

mezkal

Man on a mission
Lemme guess....You're running Windows 2000?

EDIT : AKS, most references to so called "MUSIC CD" problems refer to Windows 2000's inability to read custom-sized low-level sessions in ATAPI. This is a known issue and one that will need an ASPI driver to make it work in 2K.

Cheers,

Mezkal

Last edited:

Aks

not all "self-boot" games work, some games with group intro's are messed up, and another thing, my cd-rom will not boot most games in chanka(weird I know), but my cd-rw will...so maybe there could still be something with certain cd-rom drives. guess we'll find out eventually

Aks

mezkal said:
EDIT : AKS, most references to so called "MUSIC CD" problems refer to Windows 2000's inability to read custom-sized low-level sessions in ATAPI. This is a known issue and one that will need an ASPI driver to make it work in 2K.

Listen man, I know your the major "HELP POSTER" apparently, and I was just saying that maybe some cd drives are messed up, cause I use WinXP I have all aspi's installed and all that(I'm a 3rd year comp sys tech) and sometimes my cd-rom just doesnt wanna load games, but low and behold I will drop them down one more level to my cd-rw and they boot fine. I was just commenting you dont have to be so condescending sometimes.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Let me ask u this, is it a commercial game that YOU BOUGHT. Is this game like the REAL CD that you bought right from the store?

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Ummmm.... obviously it is not the original GD rom - It is ripped using the BB cable. I have various groups releases and still get the same problem

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Hmmm, well then, thats odd. Try mounting it with Daemon 3.29(or is it .39?) and enable all emulation options. I only have V1, so im not sure.

jdsony

pSO2 works for me in Chankast. I haven't tried it since I burnt it to CD though. The game works pretty good but the ground tends to disappear at times.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Aks said:
Listen man, I know your the major "HELP POSTER" apparently, and I was just saying that maybe some cd drives are messed up, cause I use WinXP I have all aspi's installed and all that(I'm a 3rd year comp sys tech) and sometimes my cd-rom just doesnt wanna load games, but low and behold I will drop them down one more level to my cd-rw and they boot fine. I was just commenting you dont have to be so condescending sometimes.

:huh:
I'm not quite sure how you got insulted - I was only pointing out why I was replying with the Windows 2000 question. The ASPI drivers to which you refer have no impact whatsoever on Chankast as current releases do not use ASPI but rather ATAPI which isn't fully implemented in Windows 2000 (There is a major kernel bug preventing devices from addressing particularly small sessions which GD-ROM Self Bootable Rips use). I'm sorry that I come across as condescending - I'm not sure why - but still remain sorry nonetheless.

Cheers