What's new

PS3 pwns all

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Borisz I missed the point of your post... I assume your calling me stupid? Your super cool, number one!

The PS3 isn't a gamers console per se... its directed towards a different consumer group. The average pimply faced gamer can't afford such a beastly system... its meant for people who want a multifunctional entertainment device in their living room. Whether there are a lot of those people or not has yet to be seen.

The Wii on the other hand is meant for the casual gamer. I think the Wii will be the first system I buy just because of its originality and the array of possibilities it creates.

Let me say this. I won't buy a PS3 for a long time... I realize that it has many functionalities that I will never use and that it is really, really expensive. What I want to get across is that the PS3, successful or not successful, will be an amazing machine. It will be capable of things never before seen on your TV screen. And for that, it deserves some respect. Regardless of what the evil Sony empire has done, the PS3 is THE BEST THEY HAVE TO OFFER... and that says something big for a company that powerful.

Also, Doomulation... I love you, don't hurt me.

Flash

Technomage
The PS3 isn't a gamers console per se... its directed towards a different consumer group. The average pimply faced gamer can't afford such a beastly system...
Can't afford ? Really ? We all here have PCs (well maybe there's two or three guys posting from Dreamcast, PDA, or something like Nokia 9xxx communicator).
My outdated PC isn't very powerful nor most expensive but still it costs about five times more than PS3.
And price for PS3 will be about $200 in 2008
Do you remember $500 PS2 ?

Allnatural

The PS3 isn't a gamers console per se... its directed towards a different consumer group. The average pimply faced gamer can't afford such a beastly system... its meant for people who want a multifunctional entertainment device in their living room. Whether there are a lot of those people or not has yet to be seen.
That's been Sony's schtick since the get-go (the cheap, Blu-ray trojan horse), but I don't think it's going to work for them. I just don't see enough interest in HD right now. People are content with DVD.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's only the gamers that'll buy it (those with deep pockets anyway). As for me, I have a PS2 and GC backlog that'll last me years, so I'm in no hurry to usher in the next-gen. :p

revl8er

That Damn Good
tye stik said:

If that's the case, then why call it a videogame console? I'm not against sony, but if that's the only logic you can give of why to buy the console, then go do your research. The way for a console to make money is to appeal to true gamers such as the Wii is. The xbox 360 wont do that great because of the lack of good games. The Wii is looking promising right now, due to the game lineup coming with it, but I cant say much until I actually play it. Yes the ps3 has promising games as well which will still bring the true gamers to it. I am personally gonna wait for them to work out the problems before I buy one.

WhiteX

And that is the dumbest thing i ever heard, say that ps3 is for the rich is to alienate the majority of gamers and saying that the Wii is for the casual is nonsense, many of the gameplay sollutions the Wii may bring will appeal more to the hardcore than the casual and the virtual console is all about vintage gaming, other hardcore thing.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The PS3 is a gaming console. Sony just wants to put in those crappy media functions so they can own all the devices in your home. DRM!!!!
...And to push their lame Blu-ray format.

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
its [PS3] meant for people who want a multifunctional entertainment device in their living room.

"Multifunctional blahblahblah stuff" is huge wad of *bleep*.

*Ahem* Just look at the PSP. One of the most technologically advanced handheld console to arrive on the market and less than 1/4 of the people who buy it don't know how to use it to to the maximum extent. Which is why Nintendo DS is winning.

smegforbrain

Sony just wants to put in those crappy media functions so they can own all the devices in your home.

Which is different than what Micrsoft is doing how, exactly?

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, or look like some Sony whore, but for all the bitching and moaning about what Sony has done, MS hasn't been a saint either.

And if you really want to go down the DRM road, well, I think you'll find that Sony and MS are sleeping in the same bed on that one. :)

Edit: typo fix

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Well, do you -feel- stupid?

Ehem. No. Infact, my inteligence greatly surpasses most mortal beings... so don't feel too bad silly underling.

And that is the dumbest thing i ever heard, say that ps3 is for the rich is to alienate the majority of gamers and saying that the Wii is for the casual is nonsense, many of the gameplay sollutions the Wii may bring will appeal more to the hardcore than the casual and the virtual console is all about vintage gaming, other hardcore thing.

What I was meaning to say was, putting the people who bought the previous generation consoles aside, the Wii will appeal to people who don't play very many games where as the PS3 will appeal to people who have a lot of money to spend on a multifunctional device.

What I didn't mean to say was the consoles where limited to these consumer group. Obviously hardcore gamers will have reasons to buy either console... and its quite apparent that many of the fanatical folk here at emutalk will not buy the PS3.

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Borisz, even if I was the most retarded silly fuck on the face of the planet, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

The question you should be asking yourself is... do you feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?

/slap

WhiteX

PS3 will appeal to people who have a lot of money to spend on a multifunctional device.

And to throw away the single functional devices they already have.

Do you really think that is a good marketing strategy?

Doomulation

Which is different than what Micrsoft is doing how, exactly?

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, or look like some Sony whore, but for all the bitching and moaning about what Sony has done, MS hasn't been a saint either.

And if you really want to go down the DRM road, well, I think you'll find that Sony and MS are sleeping in the same bed on that one. :)

Edit: typo fix
When did I defend Microsoft? No, Sony and Microsoft are the same in my book. But at least THEIR console doesn't cost $600.

tye sik said:
Ehem. No. Infact, my inteligence greatly surpasses most mortal beings... so don't feel too bad silly underling.
Right... you really are showing your intelligence with this thread -_- Buying PS3 for a lot of stupid factors. Yes, it's your choice, but you haven't given a ny good reason as to why anyone should buy it, so that does not make you an intelligent being to fall for such little devious tricks that Sony has laid out hoping that people who aren't enough gets caught in the web.
And no, this isn't something that is made up, these are facts. Sony doesn't care about their consumers and only want to milk them for money. Otherwise they'd slap in a HD-DVD as well, but they have their own formats, which they keep coming up with all the time BTW, and which they have to push onto you, the user.

Last edited:

Borisz

Borisz, even if I was the most retarded silly fuck on the face of the planet, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

The question you should be asking yourself is... do you feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?

/slap

I won't be spending 600$ on something for hype value only, so I guess I can say that I'm lucky.

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Right... you really are showing your intelligence with this thread -_- Buying PS3 for a lot of stupid factors. Yes, it's your choice, but you haven't given a ny good reason as to why anyone should buy it, so that does not make you an intelligent being to fall for such little devious tricks that Sony has laid out hoping that people who aren't enough gets caught in the web.

Bah! I said I wasn't going to buy the PS3 for quite some time. I'm a poor college student... i seriously can only afford booze, pot, and books... I'm pretty much eating rice cakes for lunch.

I realize that you don't see any reason to buy the PS3... but as I said before, the extra functionalities are a big factor for some people. The potential for graphics are amazing. Squarenix' CG scenes will make you jizz in your pants. The Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy game franchises will continue their ultra coolness on the PS3. The tilt sensitive controller will allow for a bit of zing to some games. The standard BluRay drive (as opposed the extra shit you need with the 360) is a definite bonus... I'm almost certain that BluRay will fail... along with HDDVD mind you (its just too soon to phase out DVD's). Still. It will be cool to see what's possible these days with media formats.

I'd say that the potential for games on the PS3 far exceeds that of the Xbox360. It will be up to the publishers to define who will win in the console wars... but if they can utilize the PS3 to its full potential the results will be amazing. 'nuff said.

I don't know what more I can say... yeah, its expensive, yeah, it has a bunch of extra shite you may not use, yeah, Sony eats puppy fetus', yeah, Sony dosen't have good customer service, yeah, the PS3 may explode, yeah, BluRay wont replace DVD, yeah...

This is the PlayStation 3, okay? I loved the PlayStation, I loved the PlayStation 2 almost as much... the fact that Sony has given me so much happiness and joy over these many years is reason enough for me to defend (and possibly purchase... in a couple years) their new console. Its going to be an expensive, over-featured, uber powered gaming machine. I wouldn't expect any less.

Flash

Technomage
Sony doesn't care about their consumers and only want to milk them for money. Otherwise they'd slap in a HD-DVD as well, but they have their own formats, which they keep coming up with all the time BTW, and which they have to push onto you, the user.

Yep. Memory Sti(n)сk costs 2.5 times more than SD/MMC.
ATRAC/MD/SonicStage crap. PS2 memory cards are total rip-off, you can buy 1GB SD for a price of 8Mb memory card. Thanks to chinese hackers who gave us modchips and ability to run uLaunchELF - better to move some files to USB pen drive than to buy another memory card for $30.
Sony VAIO laptops... in 2001 when other manufacturers had laptops with 8-16Mb RAM and D3D/OGL support, you could buy $2k laptop from Sony which was equipped with NeoSnailMagic 256v+ - slowest 2D since ISA cards, and it can't do even DirectX 3

Doomulation

Bah! I said I wasn't going to buy the PS3 for quite some time. I'm a poor college student... i seriously can only afford booze, pot, and books... I'm pretty much eating rice cakes for lunch.
I would certainly feel your pain. But you WILL buy one, in time.

I realize that you don't see any reason to buy the PS3... but as I said before, the extra functionalities are a big factor for some people.
Quite not? Only those who are caught in the web will actually be swept by all.

The potential for graphics are amazing. Squarenix' CG scenes will make you jizz in your pants.
Not mine.

The Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy game franchises will continue their ultra coolness on the PS3.
That's utter nonsense. Yes, they're great games and will add to the games library making it a good comsole for gaming, but it will not up the coolness.

The tilt sensitive controller will allow for a bit of zing to some games.
Bah! Nintendo rip-off. I'd rather use the Revolution to experience that.

The standard BluRay drive (as opposed the extra shit you need with the 360) is a definite bonus... I'm almost certain that BluRay will fail... along with HDDVD mind you (its just too soon to phase out DVD's). Still. It will be cool to see what's possible these days with media formats.
The Blu-ray isn't a bonus. It is what will cause a lot of problems for everyone. I don't care if neither format wins, but I DO care if Blu-ray wins. And if I get an Xbox 360, then I doubt I'll be getting an HD-DVD add-on anytime soon.

I'd say that the potential for games on the PS3 far exceeds that of the Xbox360. It will be up to the publishers to define who will win in the console wars... but if they can utilize the PS3 to its full potential the results will be amazing. 'nuff said.
Bah to that. Bah! If publishers can utilize the Revolution properly it will truly be a next-gen machine instead of a current-gen 1.5.
As for the games, I haven't really checked out what games are for respective consoles concerning PS3 and Xbox 360.

I don't know what more I can say... yeah, its expensive, yeah, it has a bunch of extra shite you may not use, yeah, Sony eats puppy fetus', yeah, Sony dosen't have good customer service, yeah, the PS3 may explode, yeah, BluRay wont replace DVD, yeah...

This is the PlayStation 3, okay? I loved the PlayStation, I loved the PlayStation 2 almost as much... the fact that Sony has given me so much happiness and joy over these many years is reason enough for me to defend (and possibly purchase... in a couple years) their new console. Its going to be an expensive, over-featured, uber powered gaming machine. I wouldn't expect any less.

Good to see you at least admitting that.
Still, I will not get a PS3 because of Sony's actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.