What's new

Project64’s Future (donations and v1.7 beta development)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
First, Pj beta IS open. You just donate $20 for access. Is that too much to ask?
Second, there is no beta 1, beta 2. We get beta builds all the time. For donators, of course.

mudlord

Banned
You've just scored yourselves another donator. :) As soon as I apply for and recieve a debit card (which will be in the next 2 weeks, possibly even earlier), you will get $20, and possibly more..(if I have any spare change).

I love what you guys are doing in the project so far, hopefully by my future donations, it will you help you guys out. I'm honestly not that interested in the beta, but it would be nice to give back to the community thats doing a great job of what its currenty doing.

neferiu.com

...so i donated. :) thanks for your hard work. Im pleased to play Smash Bros again without having to get my N64 back from my buddy's little sister.

Changeling

Hey Doomulation.

Could you make an educated guess when 1.7 will be released please? The only reason I ask is K-Man won't continue doing work on Ocarina until the new Project 64 is released, not a beta.

I'm sorry if that question gets on your nerves in some way.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hey Doomulation.

Could you make an educated guess when 1.7 will be released please? The only reason I ask is K-Man won't continue doing work on Ocarina until the new Project 64 is released, not a beta.

I'm sorry if that question gets on your nerves in some way.

No idea.
Donate and see for yourself as a release approaches.

Changeling

I figured that would be the response. Can I ask two more questions though? People have been donating for about a year now...how much money have you accumulated and how much more do you need? I'm not saying I would never donate, but I'm just curious about a few things before I do.

Oh and a question for axcc123, are you even part of the development team?

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
axcc is no one special,just a normal forum user like the rest of us.

wish i knew more about the Pj64 core.. maybe i could help zilmar with it.. but... im no coder...

OP
Z

zilmar

Emulator Developer
I figured that would be the response. Can I ask two more questions though? People have been donating for about a year now...how much money have you accumulated and how much more do you need? I'm not saying I would never donate, but I'm just curious about a few things before I do.

Oh and a question for axcc123, are you even part of the development team?

axcc123 is not part of the pj64 team. With all the people who donated, who I am thankful to, I would have gotten maybe about the value of 3 weeks worth of pay.

Considering I started this project over 8 years ago, it is not much.

X-Fi6

OK, just for everyone who keeps on bugging everyone for the release date, here's a little something for ya:

Project 64's Main Site said:
Donations are a way for any user to support the PJ64 team while we work on the next version. As an extra thank you to our supporters - and to allow participation - if you donate $20USD or more you will gain access to past, current and future beta (work in progress) builds between v1.6 and the next public release ("v1.7 final", not expected before 2008). You only need donate once for an account - it's not a subscription!

You can see it from here:

Project64

==================================================

OK, now I have a little question. For the developers of PJ64: $20 isn't exactly very much. But after 5 people that's already $100. You must be making a lot of money off of this. I think you should release PJ64 by around the time people are done buying.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
its not that simple, Zilmar is the master mind behind the core and he doesn't have enough time to work on it as much as is needed, so it'll take as long as it takes

Iconoclast

Perhaps an option to customize the interface of Project64? Like, hide/show particular menu options? The reason I suggest this is because of that annoying Full Screen option under the Options menu. Almost every time I'm trying to test an N64 game, figuring out how to get it working best, configure Graphics Plugin...I accidentally hit the goddamn full screen option instead. Of course, if I were more cautious, this wouldn't be such a problem, and I do like full screen mode, but not while I'm testing games out. I once had to set my PC to Stand By mode and then log back in just because of what full screen mode did to my PC once when I used glN64.

Wait a minute...how can I accidentally hit "Full Screen" if the "Always on Top" option is between "Full Screen" and "Configure Graphics Plugin?" Is there some sort of bug I caught, here? Or is my aiming extremely off?

Last edited by a moderator:

mudlord

Banned
Donated $30 USD :). Just waiting for access to be a member of pj64.net now :)

EDIT:
Wait a minute...how can I accidentally hit "Full Screen" if the "Always on Top" option is between "Full Screen" and "Configure Graphics Plugin?" Is there some sort of bug I caught, here? Or is my aiming extremely off?

Not really sure. I never ran into that problem before with PJ64 1.6..

Last edited:

Zorcher

I just donated as well. Hopefully, I'll be able to help and find some bugs.

This project definately looks promising, considering how much I like how PJ64 v1.6 turned out. :bouncy:

trebius

I donated myself a few days ago but haven't yet got an e-mail. Any chance of one?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work!