What's new

Project 64 doesn't want to use other plugins...

Burgerdeath

Whenever I try to use any plugins other than the ones that came with PJ64, I get any one of a number of errors, usually saying "cannot find/initialize -insertpluginhere-. Reinstalling application may fix this problem.

Now, I searched for others who had the same problems as I... and I can say, I do have all the Dll files necessary.

Last edited:

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Which plugins are you trying to use, and are you making sure they are being placed in the Plugin folder? Also, are you sure they are compatible with PJ64? Some plugins will not work correctly, if at all, especially ones that are pre-packed with other emulators (trust me, I found that out early on).

OP
B

Burgerdeath

Rice's video plugin. Another interesting thing that I found out is that 1964 seems to have the same problem... I have Ricevideo.dll, Ricevideodbg.dll, and bmglib.dll...

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Rice's video plugin is one that has refused to work for me every time I attempted to use it. I don't know if this is an issue with the plugin, or if there is a workaround, or if there is something I am missing. You might want to look around and see if you can find support on Rice's main page... I'm afraid I'm not able to help on this one. I don't even know his website.

Tell me, are you getting an error saying "This application has failed to start because bmglib.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"? Or is it something else? I get the "Failed to load plugin" error along with that one any time I have it in my plugins folder, and try to adjust "settings".

Last edited:
OP
B

Burgerdeath

It's strange, sometimes I get the first, sometimes I get the second one. I get them when I go into the settings menu.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Okay, here's one thing that I've tried out. I went to the plugins page for this forum, and you will want to get a few things here: http://www.emutalk.net/graphic-plugins/

First, get the download for Rice Video 6.1.0c and save it to your computer. From here you need to do two things. One, extract "BMGLibPNG.dll" to your >emulator< folder, NOT plugins. If you downloaded the 6.1.6 BETA instead, you will need to extract "BMGlib.dll" to your >emulator< folder instead. (OR if you are like me and have been trying the 6.1.10b version, you'll still want to have "BMGlib.dll" in your >emulator< folder).

Next, extract the "RiceVideoDbg.dll" and "RiceVideo.dll" to your Plugin folder.

From here I get a brand new error telling me that I am missing the "MSVCP71.dll" file. That's alright though, because you can find that somewhere else, I'm sure. I'm looking into THAT one right now... don't know if I'll FIND it though.

Also, you WILL get an error telling you that you are missing the ini file. Do NOT worry about THAT error. PJ64 and Rice's plugin will create one for you.

Anyway... that's the ONLY help I can give at this time, still working on it... though Rice's plugin doesn't look too hot for me on MY computer.

Edit: Alright, after digging through the archives and using the search feature, I managed to find a working solution.

From what Psyman over in the "1964" section of the forum says, you merely need to download 1964 and extract it's files. You'll want to have in particular TWO files: msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll. Place THOSE two dlls in your >emulator< folder, and then you will be able to run the Rice video plugin AND it's debugger (RiceVideoDbg.dll) without ANY error messages. Well, minus the "Missing ini file" message you get at the start... I'm not sure if there is another ini file that you'll need. So this looks like the answer.

Though it turns out that talking about non-supported plugins in this section isn't kosher, so unless it's still giving you trouble, we should stop discussing it... I hope this all helped you, and if not, go to the 1964 forums and they can give you as much help as you need.

Last edited: