What's new

Problems with OSX Version on Intel mac!

piccolo17486

Hi,
i have tried the latest osx version of Mupen64 on my selfmade mac (i know this could be the problem, but its almost same as macmini hardware, Core2Duo + GMA950) and it always crashes after loading a rom (the emulation window pops up and some seconds later mupen crashes)...
i also tried the latest version of sixtyforce and this one works perfect, but i dont want to pay for this emu since it is based in many parts on the work of others.
thanks

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Piccolo,

Which version of Mupen64 did you get for your macintosh, and where did you download it? It may be worthwhile to integrate the mac-specific changes into mupen64-amd64.

thatmariolover

Yeah, I was gonna ask. I'm not familiar with compiling on an OS X machine. It'd be great if somebody who knew what they were doing could compile the source for an OS X Macintel.

OP
piccolo17486

piccolo17486

i think i downloaded the latest version of the official page, is in that version allready intel support?

Richard42

Emulator Developer
i think i downloaded the latest version of the official page, is in that version allready intel support?

I looked on the official mupen64 page, and the posted MacOS port is named 'mupen64-PR1.dmg.sitx'. I don't have a Mac and am not familiar with this file format. Does the package include the source code, or is it binary-only? If it includes the source then I can do a diff against the vanilla 0.5 source and port the changes into mupen64-amd64, but if there's no source then there's not much we can do to help.

Theoretically since the code is licensed under the GPL, distributing the source code (or an offer on how to get the code) is required in order to legally distribute the binaries. I wouldn't be surprised though if this port of mupen64 is binary-only, as unfortunately it wouldn't be the only infringing one out there. (I'm looking at you, Mupen64k).

thatmariolover

The source for the OS X port can be found:

svn://lamer0.com/svn/mupen64/trunk/

I really hope that helps in making an update with the improvements.

*Edit*

I uploaded his trunk from the SVN for convenience:

trunk.zip

Last edited: