What's new

Problems with both Zelda games.

Terranigma

First, I'm running the games with a 64MB Nvidia GEForce 2 MX graphic card.

I'm having a similar problem with both Zelda OOt and MM. When I start the game, I can only see 2 of the 3 hearts in my heart container. It's only when I lose the entire heart then I can see the third heart. At first, I thought it was due to the Hi-res pack, but it also happened without it.

Another problem is the disappearing map arrow. I don't see the arrow when I walk around the map. This includes dungeons after I gotten the compass. Again, this applies to both MM and OOT.

The third problem is the clock this in MM. I can't see that little sun icon move on my clock in MM. It's a bit annoying not knowing exactly how much time you have left.

The final problem is kind of big and is only for MM. I can't see through the telescope. I just see black. I changed the options to Directx and was able to make some of the stuff out with a huge black bar in the center of the telescope view though. It's just annoying having to stop the emulator everytime I want to look through it and change the plugin settings.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Try different drivers for your gfx card. I used to have that kind of gfx card and could play ocarina of time fine. You can also try using glide 64.

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
since i used to have that same graphics card(i just got a new one for christmas), i would say first of all use nvidia's driver version 56.72(works the best) because the new drivers screw everything up. Also, you should use pj64 with jabo's plugin 1.6(also works the best), but you could also use rice's plugin though if you want to use hi-res textures. rice's plugin has that framebuffer issue though, so i only use it when i want hi-res textures. I got the best performance from that card using these things so it should work for you.

OP
T

Terranigma

since i used to have that same graphics card(i just got a new one for christmas), i would say first of all use nvidia's driver version 56.72(works the best) because the new drivers screw everything up.

Can you tell me where I can go to download this version, because Nvidia's official website doesn't have it. I can only download Version: 56.64 then it jumps to Version: 61.76

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
Oh shit, they don't make 56.72 for Windows ME. Try using 56.64, that should work just as well, but i'm not guarunteeing anything.