What's new

Problems with Audio

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Well, guys, I need your help like a n00b. My OS got corrupted a week ago, and I lost everything. But thats not the problem. I have since D/L'ed pj64 again, and now it is "is missing or invalid"-ing me with the audio. Which sucks. I have had this working for about 6 months, my OS crashed, and now it doesn't (probably some setting). Attached a pic link, shows that I have the audio plugin and the error message and my settings box. Any ideas? Not a hardware problem, I dont think... Unless I accidentally unplugged something or something got fried in my trip to hell and back (losing everything on hard drive). I wonder.. should I add that my sound doesn't work on computer either? Dunno if that would matter.

EDIT: HMM, can't get the link to work.

Last edited:

jollyrancher

Well if you're not getting any sound on your computer, I'd start with that rather than PJ64. Most likely just needs the right sound drivers... go to Santa Cruz's web site. If your sound card's not installed right it wouldn't be surprising to get audio errors in PJ64... Now if you really don't care about the sound problem on the computer, there's a "no audio" plugin you could try.

OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Well, considering I JUST D/L'ed it b/c my hard drive got wiped clean... I've had PJ64 on my comupter for about two hours now.

I think I figured it out. My computer doesn't recognise the speakers that are hooked up to it. This is more Tech Talk now, maybe, but how to I install my speakers? Should I have a CD I should be getting the crivers from? I dunno where that is...