What's new

Problems getting games to work in SSF 010 (treats them as CDs)

urso

For some time I've been using SSF 006 without a problem (apart from slowdown). I decided to give 010 a try, but even though I have set it up the same way (bios etc), instead of playing the game it just recognizes it as a music CD.

I mount the game using daemon tools

I can even have both SSF versions running at the same time, one playing the game, the other seeing the same mounted game as a CD!

Is there anything obvious I could be doing wrong?

thanks

OP
U

urso

I figured it out. I always used the Europe bios, but I changed it to the American one and now it works! Why this is I have no idea, but it seems its a good idea to stick with the American bios.

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
And they don't need different bioses, at least in yabause and ssf. I've got tons of japanese & american games, and they all work fine with my european bios.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Sorry, I meant changing the consoles region to match the region of the game. IIRC, wasn't it only ST-V games that needed the matching BIOS files.

Also, AFAIK, there are some rip of Radiant Silvergun that are corrupted in the sense that they won't boot unless you hack in a different region code in the image and then run it again.