What's new

Prey

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Any thoughts on the recently released Prey demo?

I downloaded it for Xbox 360 and I have to say I was really impressed. It seems to have a similar dry humor to that of Duke Nukem, and it is very enjoyable in multiplayer - if a little laggy in it's current state.

Thoughts?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I played the demo of Prey, got to say I was extremely satisfied with it. From the start where the characters spoke and their mouths were lip synced to the voices so well it looked like a real person was talking almost.

The graphics on this game are superb, perhaps one of the best optimized game engines i've ever seen. The way the aliens abducted you was fairly impressive.

Next thing that I thought was REALLY cool was the portals, I was amazed by that, so simple but it works. You look through and you see another room, walk around it and you see the wall to the room you're in, that is so freaky in a way and yet so cool.

Next awesome thing I encountered was the gravity walls, blueish looking thing that I could actually walk up, that was great. It was only a demo but I seriously want the full game now... could be a candidate for game of the year.

I score the demo 10/10, perfect.

Last edited:
OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
ScottJC said:
Next thing that I thought was REALLY cool was the portals, I was amazed by that, so simple but it works. You look through and you see another room, walk around it and you see the wall to the room you're in, that is so freaky in a way and yet so cool.

Yeah that was freakin' awesome! Very well done - they look amazing when you see them in the room.

One more think - I love the gun that shoots acid at people in multiplayer - brilliant! :)

Last edited:

Miretank

Lurking
WOW! Thanks for the screenshots! Awesome! :)

System Requirements said:
Minimum

CPU Speed: Intel Pentium 4 2.0Ghz / AMD Athlon XP 2000+ processor
RAM: 512MB system RAM
Video Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with latest manufacturer drivers (see supported chipsets below)
Drive: 8X CD-ROM (standard edition), DVD-ROM (Limited Collector?s Edition)
Hard Drive: 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard drive space
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP with latest service pack installed
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (included on disc)

...gf4 mx 64mb?

Miretank

Lurking
Should I say "YAY"? :|
Had ran Doom 3 here, with ALL the settings low, plus the card's option low as well.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just beat the demo just now, just experienced something new - theres also these little panels on the walls which you can shoot at and it changes the gravity in the room you are in. You shoot at the wall you are shifted in the direction of that wall. A neat thing about it is the character reacts to all of this, throwing up and such. "Woahhh!!!!"

Go through a portal only to find yourself falling through a room - this really is an amazing idea and it is executed well... the demo leaves me craving for more - I didn't want it to end. Not many games effect my like that so it has succeeded. I'm definately buying this.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Yeah i'm loving this demo for the 360, havent played it for long but you can tell its going to be big :)

The_Z

"The_A"
Prey looks awesome and for a while I was tempted to preorder the limited edition version. The ability to walk on walls looks like it'll rock on multiplayer.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I was very impressed with the demo, also for the fact that the game has been in development for a decade. Doom 3's engine runs very well on my machine, so no problems with Prey.

Can't wait for the full game.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
The_Z said:
The ability to walk on walls looks like it'll rock on multiplayer.

It does. :)

You'll be following someone, trying to sneak up behind them, and then all of a sudden they'll dissapear onto the wall or ceiling! It's very high-paced in multiplayer too, which is good.

Overall, the demo has impressed me alot. Which is more than I can say for most 360 demos (ala Chromehounds).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The review on gamespot makes me laugh, the guy gave the game a 7.5, i've been playing through past the demo and i'm still loving this game.