What's new

Possible release date for 1964 0.9.9 ?!?!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
dukenukem said:
well schibo sent me a pm to me saying he would update me when he has the ftp going which shouldn't be long now.I have been chosen as one of the lucky ones and can't wait to see how it does:).

Same here. I can't wait and plan to give this as much of my 110% as possible. I'm no programmer and actually suck at most N64 games (except Paper Mario) so now it's my chance to finally give back in some form to one of my favorite pasttimes.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Well...yeah...open source...but it's not often the case that someone really makes an open source emu better than the final release was...schibo and rice know 1964's core like I know my g/f's you-know-what ;) ...I don't think there will be a really useful release after the final...

pandamoan

Banned
Engeljaeger said:
Well...yeah...open source...but it's not often the case that someone really makes an open source emu better than the final release was...schibo and rice know 1964's core like I know my g/f's you-know-what ;) ...I don't think there will be a really useful release after the final...

this is true, but your missing an essential element to the open source philosophy:

time!

in 10 years time somebody new may have completely mastered (and hence remastered) any one of the great OS emus out there, and really advanced it.

Remember: emulation is cool now, but it's biggest impact/benefit will be in the future when the actual hardware becomes difficult to come by!

jamie.

jollyrancher

but it's not often the case that someone really makes an open source emu better than the final release was

Most of the open source emulators I can think of that were discontinued by the origional developer have been improved... Final Burn, NeoRageX, UltraHLE, SNES9X...

scotty

The Great One
jollyrancher said:
Most of the open source emulators I can think of that were discontinued by the origional developer have been improved... Final Burn, NeoRageX, UltraHLE, SNES9X...

Im surprised the Gary Henderson (SNES9x) never got back into it, I thought he was going to return.

You also missed ZSNES, well ZsKnight is gone

pandamoan

Banned
dav3 said:
That's not the source that is being used to make emulators like UltraHLE 2064. The source being talked about in that article won't comile. The source used for 2064 was a leaked source.

good point jolly rancher (about the open source emus being continued).

two of the major ones you missed though:

FCE ultra (kind of recent maybe, TOO recent?)

and zsnes (best example i can think of actually)

jamie