What's new

Possible Ini Settings

Lemmy

Hi there

I thought I make a short list of all ini settings, in case someone wants to improve the current (horrible) ini.

EEProm. Set this to 0 if no eeprom is present. Usually not required.

CompilerMode. Defaults to 1. Lots of compilermodes have been added. In Theory CompilerMode=3 is the most compatible but also the slowest. There are modes 0 to 5.

SlowTLB. Has to be set to 1 for VERY few games. This disables an autodetection which might fail. In Mario this would result in a slowdown, so only set this is really necessary.

EnableTLB. Set this to 1 for few games. Usually autodetected.

Interpreter. Set this to 1 to disable the compiler. Well...better don't :) Ignore this setting, the interpreter is bad.

ROMCache. Might help to set this to 1 for VERY few games. Setting is hard to explain.

inlining. Defaults to 1. Set this to 0 to disable a optimization in the compiler. Might result in a very small speed decrease but could help avoid bugs.

EEPromSize. Defaults to 512. Set this 2048 for few games.

FriendlyName. This is the name that is shown in the rom browser (and used for kaillera to identify roms)

Generally ini items can be put in in three ways. Use the command in the Plugins menu.

And besides the ini a lot of games can be improved by fiddling with the gfx combiner. The combiner modes are stored in the lemd3dcombine.dat. I do not have a merge utiltity but this shouldn't be a problem. Except for the compilermode setting the ini isn't that important in nemu 0.8, but the gfx combine is.

Would be cool if people learned to use it and help improve gfx.

I attached a document i wrote a long time ago which explains how to use this thing.

Lemmy

Trotterwatch

This is a very welcome posting Lemmy :) Just had a quick look through the document you attached, looks easy enough to understand (even for someone with no programming experience). Should yield some interesting results from people trying to alter some combiners etc

Remote

Yup, only looked through it briefly but the document seems pretty easy to understand so hopefully someone will pick this up and release an updated lemd3dcombine.dat with some new modes, however a new, up to date ini is more important at the moment imo, the one that is included shows unknown on most of my roms... I'm sure something good will come out of this... :D

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

Well most roms work without an ini entry but look horrible :|

so the combine file is more important :)

Kahenraz

Well I havent read the doc yet so I'll just screw around with trial and error and hope that I can make it work!!:D

Federelli

Beta Tester
well, my ini file has fixed many games :D:D, i'm still looking forward to getting people to help me out... but very few really want to :(

Federelli

Beta Tester
Lemmy in case you check the forum at times...

Is there a chance that you could give some further explanations on theese settings?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Great doc, now I know how 2 help Federelli.
I try some things out & look, if I can help u.
Will write u a pm in some future Federelli.