What's new

Possible fun emulation of ...

Cyberman

Robot Odyssey
140124_BIT_RO-01-TitleScreen.png.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.png

I found this odd little article (actually someone I know found it and directed me too it).

The game itself is a bit clunky (it has a couple of bugs in it that are kind of annoying :D)

Anyhow I was curious it does have some really cool features and someone ported it to the NDS (woo?)

I was thinking of emulating the files and and engine, not sure about the original levels however.

It also has several logical falacies in it's design.

For example assuming a clock delay between each gate of a circuit instead of using an actual circuit that holds data (which does not happen in reality). It's "cool" but plain wrong in reality. So ... THAT did IRK me a LOT.
I would have used a D FlipFlop instead however that would have cost the original programmer an extra element and some added complexity.
Anyhow I thought the actual idea was damn cool (just not like how real logic based systems work).
Actually I'm tempted to make something similiar (but correct) in how it works. Anyhow some fun links I dug up while examining it (I used dosbox and dosboxFE to run it on my Linux box). Someone ported it to the DS and someone else made a Java version of the game.

Cyb