What's new

Porting a Microsoft Power Point Presentation

Talas

Son of the Sky
Heya guys,

I just encountered a very strange problem with Microsofts Power Point. I started creating a Presentation, because I wanted to make a something like a small cartoon (of course, its no cartoon, but its got photographs, music and movies). I dont know if PP is the best program for that, but everything worked out quite good until... I came to the thought that I would like to share that little cartoon of mine with other people, particularly friends whose pics I used in it. :bouncy: Anyhow, I first just saved the PPP and copied it to my Notebook. Everything worked, EXCEPT the music and small movies didnt work. Ok then, I thought, I guess I have to save differently. The file (*.ppt) had been too small anyway (it was only 2 MB, though there are movies and music files for like 40 MBs in it). So I tried some stuff and came to the "Save as Webarchive" option. So I saved it that way on my USB-Stick. Everything was neatly in one place, one file and one folder with all supporting files (everything is there). So I started the presentation on my notebook from the USB-Stick (because I thought that maybe the paths to the support files have to be correct)... but... it still doesnt work. All files are on the USB-Stick, automatically copied there by PP itself, but the paths in presentation are still from my stationary PC. So what can I do, to be able to share the presenation?

thx for the help and MERRY CHRISTMAS,

Talas

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It may depend if you actually embed or link the pictures and sound in the presentation. From the file size, I would judge that it is only linked. Try to embed them into the presentation and you'll see a marginal increase in size. Still, there should be a guide that helps to prepare your presentation for view on other computers. You could try to find it.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Powerpoint has always had that annoying problem in my experience. I've always had to adjust the path to the file after I put it on another computer.

Did you try Google?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Talas said:
How does "embedding" work?
Embedding means that the files are stored within the presentation. As for how to do it, I cannot remember. Try searching the powerpoint help about that topic.