What's new

Pokemon Puzzle League USA core bug?

ggab

Emutalk Member
In 1Pmode, before the stage 14 begin the game crash, it says in a window message:
Error!
800A2564: Exception in emulation thread.

But this error/bug can be fixed in varius/some combinations of settings (plugins and Compiler Switch) (but aren't the best solution, in performance and speed), i'll write the combinations that i try (comment: V is for video plugin, S is for sound plugin and C is for compiler switch):
"hang" is for the bug above (the stage 14 isn't playable)
"intro" is for: the intro/opening scene don't display the video, yes the audio. This is low priority comment, doesn't care in gameplay.

v:Rice531
s:jabo15 or schibo12
c: Dynamic, hang, no intro?(i can't see with my Voodoo3)

v:Rice531
s:jabo15
c: Interpreter, NO hang, no intro?(i can't see with my V3)

v:jabo151
s:schibo12
c: Dynamic, hang, no intro

c: Interpreter, NO hang, no intro

c: Dynamic, hang, intro -> in 1964
and in ->PJ64: NO hang, intro

c: Interpreter, NO hang, intro

v:glide05
c: Dynamic, hang, no intro

c: Interpreter, don't run

c: Dynamic, hang, intro (& in PJ64 too)

c: Interpreter, hang, intro

when the c: Interpreter is chosen, the gameplay turns slow, even in my athlon 1700+.

i'll post the .fla (save file for 1964, to use in PJ64, rename to "PUZZLE LEAGUE N64.fla") zipped.
enter in 1Pmode and continue the slot "GAB".
that's all for now, i wanna fix it... any idea?

Jorpho

I get a similar problem with Glide64 0.5, Schibo's Audio 1.2, and 1964 0.9.9. Right before Stage 14 starts, I get a message box titled "Glide64 Exception" stating

"The GFX plugin caused an exception and has been disabled.
Would you like to turn it back on and attempt to continue?"

The sound also goes into a continuous loop at this point.

If I click Yes, Stage 14 proceeds normally, but the backgrounds of the puzzle areas (i.e., Ash's and Bruno's portraits) do not draw. The game then hangs completely at the start of Stage 15.

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
Jorpho quote:
"The game, then hangs completely at the start of Stage 15"

it seems that u continue playing with the sound wrong, and after winning stage 14, probably the game hangs... because the sound is wrong?? (i don't try it)

because i, when i get that window:
"The GFX plugin caused an exception and has been disabled.
Would you like to turn it back on and attempt to continue?"
i choose Continue, and the full screen is back with the sound issue, and then i press F5, save.
then i restart the EMU & game, press F7, load, and continue playing without any problems more in stage 15 (Gary's one, the final). Also the Ending game (after spending/wasting some continues) is showing correctly (the video with schibo sound doesn't appear, but yes with jabo1.5), i recommend playing with jabosound 1.5 in PJ64, is more smoother (only in the video scenes).

But the "core issue/bug", that i explain in the first mesage is for me still without a solution, can somebody fix it??? or at least any suggestion......

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I can get into level 14 with your save and play fine (well not fine I suck at this game and can't get passed that level).

1964 v.0.9.9, Rice 5.3.1 in DX mode, High End Combiner, N64 FB "With Emulator", Schibo's audio 1.2

EDIT: My bad. I just saw your comments about not being able to see it on your V3 with this video plugin. Sorry.

Last edited:

Jorpho

ggab said:
i choose Continue, and the full screen is back with the sound issue, and then i press F5, save.
then i restart the EMU & game, press F7, load, and continue playing without any problems more in stage 15 (Gary's one, the final).

Now, why didn't I think of that? ;)

The video sequences aren't really playing at all for me, but I don't mind.

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
no idea yet???
somebody plays this game fine, except LazerTag?