What's new

Plz people help me plz!!

DEAD MAN.INC

Hi look i have pj64 for a long time i put it on when i bought my pc with graphics card Hercules 3d prophet kyro 2 first all games were woking perfect but now when i play pj64 or pc game my graphics freeze in normal games i see moost of the time black squares flickering in the screen and game freezes my pc too in pj64 game goes well but game freezes i have directi x 8.1 newest drivers for my card newest chipste drivers but problem is still the sam did any body have the sam problem ? plz help me

my specs:Intel p4 1500mghz 256mb ram hercules kyro 2 64mb
win 98se??? :cry:

Trotterwatch

Are you sure the card isn't overheating through overclocking etc?

Black squares sounds like a memory problem, although it could also has as been pointed out be a driver issue.

OP
DEAD MAN.INC

DEAD MAN.INC

hmm don't know i tryed new drivers and old ones that i got with the cd of my card and memory some of u said memory how can that be fixed or somthing?

Ketil

hey deadman! I'm pretty sure it has something to do with overheating, the graphics card i mean.

BTW..This should be in TECH TALK!!

Last edited:
OP
DEAD MAN.INC

DEAD MAN.INC

Hi ok but i phoned realy good pall of mine he is pro in pc stuff and he said its a memory problem black squares he said i should find patches or drivers for it to make it stop do you maybe know where?
And i don't think its overheating my card has that cooling fan so i don't think so any way thx.

Trotterwatch

If he said it was a memory problem then just how can that be sorted with drivers? Unless he means a texture memory allocation defect or something. Try raising your AGP Aperture in the BIOS to something like 128 see if that helps.

Oh and turn off AGP 4x and fast writes whilst you are there.

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
Since you have 256MB RAM I don't think it's a memory problem of the pc and for sure not the graphic memory as I only have 32MB on my GeForce... but It's a GeForce at least... try changing the AGP Aperture like Trotterwatch said... and how smart is your friend really? I mean if he mixes memory with patches and drivers... :sly:

OP
DEAD MAN.INC

DEAD MAN.INC

Hmm don't know i changed from 64 to 128 but still not working i have no idea what to do i send a e-mail to hercules and i'm waiting for reply i hope they know what to do.

Merick

When you put in the new card, did you remove the drivers for the old card before you pulled it out?

You have said that the card has a fan on it. Have you checked to make sure that the fan is actually working?

OP
DEAD MAN.INC

DEAD MAN.INC

yes

When i bought the pc card was inside and it was working perfect but now it's fuc*ed :( and cooling fan don't know gonna check it out but i don't think it's fan any way thx:pj64:

Trotterwatch

I still think, as seems to be the general concensus you have either an overheating problem, or just plain defective memory.

You should be able to get it replaced from wherever you got the card from, should that be the case.

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
Overclocking means that for example the graphics chip is going faster than it really can..... could you have changed anything that may be something like this? do you use a tweak utility to configure the graphics?

Moonlight

Squall : How do you run a chip faster than it can run?

You probably meant to say "running a chip faster than the manufacturer's specifications"

I too would suspect the drivers as a primary problem source... but if past drivers that used to work don't work anymore and programs that used to work properly have problems with known good drivers, it might be time to consider the possibility of a non-fatal hardware failure.

OP
DEAD MAN.INC

DEAD MAN.INC

Ehm...Right :) but any way i did not overcloak my card 100% maybe it has some kind of conflict with my chipset intel 845?

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
Sure Moonlight, but If ive understood everything right u get the system to "belive" that the graphic chip is running faster than it really is... or am I just screwing around here?
Anyways... I don't know if its a problem with the chipset, but I wouldn't think so... most likely its a driver problem