What's new

pj64 made my comp go boom

DarkKnight38

The original
i was playing ogre battle 64 (i got it working, yay!), and in the chapter 1 screen (where it says "Chapter 1: blah blah blah), i switched over to an msn conversation, which automatically pauses the emu, and when i switched back, bang, my computer crashed. So i get on again, start talking again, and start playing again. At that screen, i switched again, and when i came back, bang, my computer crashes again. Now, i've been switching back and fourth for a long time, and that screen was the first time it did it. I don't know if it does it at any other chapter screens, but i don't want to risk it. I just thought i should report this. I was of course using the unnoficial deadalus plugin (what other could go that far? :))

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
While the bandwagon is here....

I wish to blame project 64 for my baldness and inability in the bedroom.

Thankyou, that is all.

:D

OP
DarkKnight38

DarkKnight38

The original
Well, i'm not going to switch any more, but it is a problem and i thought it was best to report it. I'm not complaining here. But i sure as hell know that msn or the easter bunny didn't crash my comp. This is a warning/bug report. I didn't know that was such a crime here.

tooie

are you running win2k or XP and talking about tabing while in full screen .. or you talking about in window mode ?

Josep

eyerun4phun
try telling us your stats, are you running a p4 clocked at 2.4ghz? or p1 at 200mhz? work with us here;)

OP
DarkKnight38

DarkKnight38

The original
Ok, more info. It does crash right when i switch, but i also find out it crashes even if you don't switch at the end of the screen. It isn't the chapter 1 screen, but the scene 1 screen, my bad. My specs are in my sig, and i got winxp and was switching in windowed mode. 1964 worked for me though. Except it when to about 2fps for about 2 minutes, then it went back to normal, then it did it again a few minutes after that, went back to normal, then it did it AGAIN during the first battle when going into night, but it went all the way down to 0, and didn't go back. It wouldn't save states or do anything else either. Maybe i should post that in the 1964 forum...

BTW, i got the latest detonator drivers, if that means anything. I tried the rollback option to restore to the drivers before these, becuase the text in the title bars of windows were a little bit blurry. However, that completely uninstalled the drivers, and i was left with 800x600 resolution in 4 but color depth. So i reinstalled the detonator and can't really go back, so messing with the drivers isn't really an option.

OP
DarkKnight38

DarkKnight38

The original
It doesn't freeze with 1.5! But, there's always a but, and that's it decided to hang like 1964. Damn...

OP
DarkKnight38

DarkKnight38

The original
Hate to do the triple post, i really do, but i do have an update that the very few, if not, no one cares about. I got around the hang by using the deadalus plugin, then switching again once i got past the part. Maybe something to add to the gamefaq. hmm...