What's new

PJ64, fullscreen, and N-Rage

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, if it isn't, kindly move it please. I put it in the PJ64 forum because someone who has some influence in the development of the emulator might do something.

I use the N-Rage controller plugin mostly because it can use the mouse. The problem is, I go to fullscreen on a dual monitor system and the mouse hovers onto the other monitor. Then I click, and PJ64 dies. What needs to happen is the mouse needs to be locked when the emu goes to fullscreen mode. After consulting the person currently working on the plugin, I got this reply;
...I don't get information on whether the emu is in fullscreen or windowed mode. As you suggested, only the video plugin sees that.
Another thing the emu needs to do is tell the plugin is when emulation has ended, so the mouse can be unlocked. Otherwise, it stays locked and the rom browser is then useless.

Again, I realize this is essentially a topic on a third party plugin, but I already consulted that author of that plugin. These would fix many annoying bugs that may be encountered in the future by the PJ64 team.

Last edited:

dieselbrad

I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, if it isn't, kindly move it please.

I use the N-Rage controller plugin mostly because it can use the mouse. The problem is, I go to fullscreen on a dual monitor system and the mouse hovers onto the other monitor. Then I click, and PJ64 dies. What needs to happen is the mouse needs to be locked when the emu goes to fullscreen mode. After consulting the person currently working on the plugin, I got this reply;

Another thing the emu needs to do is tell the plugin is when emulation has ended, so the mouse can be unlocked. Otherwise, it stays locked and the rom browser is then useless.

Again, I realize this is essentially a topic on a third party plugin, but I already consulted that author of that plugin. These would fix many annoying bugs that may be encountered in the future by the PJ64 team.

Though I'm not sure if the information is available between the video and graphics plug in, which may be available from within the core application, I would say suggest making a donation for PJ64 1.7 and push for native mouse support, which I believe they are working on for more FPS feel in PD and Goldeneye007.