What's new

PJ64 Crashes...

dante_2003

Earlier today I was playing Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, for a couple of hours and full speed and practically perfect graphics (using glNintendo64() ) . I shut it down and started it agian later that day and now it always crashes after I start it up and I can't even play it anymore, I haven't changed anything. Any reccomendations? I'm using Windows ME and have an Athlon 1.33GHz if that has to do with anything. Other roms freeze in the beginning too. The strangest thing is that it was working perfectly fine before this so I don't know what could've possibly gone wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Specs:
AMD Athlon 1.33Ghz
256MB Ram
Geforce 2 Mx/Mx 400 32MB

Using PJ64 V1.5 Final

Last edited:

returno

some ideas

You forgot to tell us what the crash message was. It might help.

Some ideas:

1) try pj64 1.4 - with your graphics card loz oot will look nice.
2) try jabo 1.5 - the graphics won't be perfect, but it should run
3) try removing the pj64 registry entries with the .reg files in the Uninstall directory.
4) did you tinker with any settings (pj64 or directx or card driver)? If so, tinker them back.

OP
dante_2003

dante_2003

Most of the time it just freezes at the beginning on a single frame while the music continues. Sometimes its an illegal operation message that has to do with which ever video plug-in is selected. Like I said, no settings were messed with and all of a sudden just now it worked fine for me again... just unstable with something on my computer I guess... I'll post any more specific problems if I get any but thanks for the help.

OP
dante_2003

dante_2003

Now it seems to start up right (for the time being) but when you load the save state it either freezes about a second after or if your lucky a few seconds. When you try to make the game full-screen it has an error about some 'device controlled' something or another. It's great when you can actually get it to run, but otherwise its harder starting it up than anything... Any ideas of something I can fix? (btw, it's not the rom, its a good rom). O yeah, I'm trying out pj64 1.4 now too for the time being. My specs are on the first post

Allnatural

Have you tried other plugins? Sorry to be obvious, but I've had numerous problems with the latest glNintendo64().

Allnatural

Hmm, I missed one of your posts. It appears you have have used other plugins. In that case, I would start by reseting the emulator. Browse to the Uninstall directory and run the appropriate registry script. May not help in this case, but it's a good place to start. If the problem persists it's probably system related.