What's new

PJ64 accessing the internet?

xkirby

First off, no, this is not a netplay question.

With that out of the way, what I'm asking is if Project64 ever accesses the internet to report stats on settings or something. Whenever I change my graphics plugin to D3D6 1.5.2, my firewall comes up with a message saying it's doing so. It does the same when I start up PJ64 with that plugin on. It may do the same with others, I haven't really bothered trying.

Anyways, it doesn't really bother me, I was just curious. My firewall may just as well be off, but it's Norton and never really been wrong before, so... I'm not sure.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no there are no remote reporting type features in pj64.
i think the firewall must be making a mistake. post details of what it finds, if it provides details. if not, you could try a firewall that provides details e.g. Sygate or Kerio which both have free versions available and I recommend.

OP
X

xkirby

Hm, that's strange. Here are the details:

"At 3:28 PM on 6/29/2005, the following communication was detected:
Application: C:\...\PJ64 1.6\Project64.exe
Protocol: TCP (Outbound)
Remote Address: crl.microsoft.com (131.107.103.243) : http (80)
Local Address: Service port 2720"

I hadn't looked at the details, but if I'm reading it right, it says it's trying to contact Microsoft? That's... weird. I'll have to look into my firewall if it's acting up like that.

OP
X

xkirby

Ah, I see. I had searched the forum for this, but didn't come across that topic.

Thanks for the help.