What's new

PJ64 1.7 leaked???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooDahMan

Operational Status: Nominal
... noticed a file that claims to be a leaked version of PJ64 1.7.

[removed by Smiff, this info is not really helpful thanks, please read below]

Three files are contained in the archive which are:

Jabo_Direct3D8.dll (368,720 bytes)
Project64.rdb (459,584 bytes)
Project64_1_7_0_45.exe (256,568 bytes)

All files dated Oct. 17 2006.

Norton Anti-Virus scan came up clean.

I put the files in my folder for 1.6 and attempted to run it. It complained that it could not start because the file "zlib1.dll" was not found.

Downloaded "zlib1.dll" and tried again. Started and presented me with the langauge selection box. I selected English and started the emulator.

Here's a screen shot:

pj64.jpg

As you can see I was greeted with an error messages stating, "project64 beta is for members only. if you have an account at pj64.net, you should not be seeing this error!! please contact us on the site"

Also when trying to use the Jabo plugin with 1.6 it fails. 1.6 can't even see it.

What exactly did I find here. Is it legit? I mean obviously if it's not supposed to be out in the wild it's not legit, but you know what I mean. And who the hell is Lerrroy Jenkins?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
DooDahMan

DooDahMan

Obviously I can't because I get an error. Just trying to make it known that it's out there and that if the wrong people with the right know how get it they probably could turn it into something functional.

This Leroy Jenkins has some explaining to do I suppose.

OP
DooDahMan

DooDahMan

No doubt about that. All this thread was intended for is to make those that work on this project aware that someone has partially leaked some of their unfinished work.

If they can figure out who let the cat out of the bag, they can get rid of that person as a beta tester.

Clements

One of the testers has definitely leaked that. The name Leroy Jenkins was made famous due to a World of Warcraft video clip that spread on the web. Thankfully, the protection scheme used against leaks such as these has held up fine. Perhaps the binary can also be traced to one of the beta testers.

Flash

Technomage
I simply don't understand why people do this - Project64 1.7 beta is just another (unfinished, buggy) update to PJ64, it's not ultrafast 100% compatible Gamecube emulator, it's not a game that will never be released.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well,
Pj 1.6 is very good, so then, in a sense, Pj 1.7 must be even better. That's how I see it from the outside. People want it because it's a new version.
The name there indicates whose build it was. Each member who downloads a PJ 1.7 build has his or her name printed in the title bar. In that sense, zilmar, jabo, smiff & co will know who leaked it. And that tester can say bye-bye from the beta community.

And no, pj 1.7 has not been released yet so that is a leaked beta, posted there without permission. So no, you can't use it and you shouldn't.

but why do people ask for something better when they have something good? is it the compatiblity? if 1.6 has 50% of the nintendo 64 compatiblity that means i dont need a better version. sound or some little giltches not that much teasing to a player since the speed nearly 95%.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
While we can't comment on any specifics at the moment, we are actively looking into the matter and are taking appropriate actions. It's a very sad day for everyone involved as in many ways we consider people who donate part of our extended team. On behalf of the team I want to thank everyone for their support of what we are trying to accomplish with the beta program, we know people that support the project see the value in it.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
DooDahMan
thanks for trying to help, we already had a pretty good idea of the what, when and who, just not the why.
that's probably all that needs to be said about this.. what you see above isn't complete and won't work properly.
we hope anyone who needs to will do the decent thing and get themselves legit access.

Status
Not open for further replies.