ok noted thanks
anyone else with multicore system please confirm if you see similar thing

Smiff

Emutalk Member
right so, so far we have:
AMD dual core not right, Intel dual core ok? that may not be it im guessing

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
i don't think thats it smiff, alot of dual core amd users aren't having any issues, might be video driver optimisations?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
doubt it could be anything to do with video card.
possibly some chipset thing or AMD Cool N Quiet or something.. who wants to take a guess? maybe some of you with dual core systems could fiddle around please.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
that could possibly be it.

is cool and quiet enabled? disabling it has been known to fix problems with many games. because the cpu seems to throttle back when its not supposed to.

im trying to get a few contacts to test this out as we speak smiff.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If I remember correctly, I did encounter a similar issue when turning the frame limiter off on my system. This is guessing, however, but I'll check it out when I have time.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I couldn't reproduce the problem. I noticed I didn't have the Cool'n'Quiet drivers installed, though. I tested Paper Mario U with Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 plugins and New Hacktarux Wrapper by Gonetz + Glide64 and this result was unreporudcable for me.

OP
Clements

Clements

1964 has the same problem as well.

Both my cores are active, affinity set to both cores, and it is giving me bogus readings, such as idle 300%+ and negative values. My system is in great shape and up-to-date (Windows Update, DirectX June 2006, chipset drivers, latest BIOS, the works).

Setting to one core fixes it, but of course the limitation in the emulator is still there.

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

That fixed the problem. This ought to be in the FAQ somewhere.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i actually thought RDSTC might be an issue a while back (because it is in MAME) and forgot to make a note of it. thanks. disabling CnQ (or anything that varies cpu clock speed) would probably also solve this but obviously you don't want to do that * not on multicore systems apparently though.

you don't notice speed problems in the emu, just counters being wrong?

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

There might have potentially been other problems, but it was just the counters that I noticed.