What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean 2

revl8er

That Damn Good
I was just wondering who seen this movie yet and what you thought of it. I personally thought it was an excellent movie and think it goes down as one of the better sequals I have ever seen.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Yep, it's another movie on my "must see" list. Trailers looked good! :)

Depp plays the role so well!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I just got back seeing this with my wife and to be honest the cinema didn't do this film any justice. The action was great, the story was superb, the effects were out of this world. But sadly the cinema Premises were crap. I will be going to the Isle Of Wight Capitol of Newport for the 3rd installment.

Everyone go see this and enjoy, but go to a decent cinema where the screen isn't showing dust and the projector isn't out of focus!

Executioner

I think I am going to get to the theatre for this one, something tells me it will be much more awesome on the big screen! I can't wait for more antics of Jack Sparrow, that character is one of Depp's finest creations.

(((((((((( Executioner )))))))))
(((((((((( Listening to : I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco
(((((((((( http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/15697361 ))))))))))

Toasty

Sony battery
I don't even go to the theater in our little town anymore - the stupid projectionist can't get the aspect ratio right and everyone is tall and skinny (until they lay down, at which time they become short and fat). It's about 100 miles to a decent theater, but if I happen to be somewhere with one, this movie is one I'll look out for since I liked the first one. :)

bcrew1375

Just went to see it. I thought it was great, but it really annoys me when movies force you to wait for the next one to see what happens. Like LOTR.

A.I.

Banned
Arrrrrg! Shiver meh timbers, meh hearties! All ye scurvy knaves who cusses Dead Man's Chest will be keel hauled, receive 50 lashes and walk the plank! May ye all be cursed to the bottom of Davey Jones Locker! Arrrrrg! :pirate:

Knew that pirate smiley would come in handy one day! :bouncy:

Last edited:

smegforbrain

I went in expecting to be a bit disappointed, but it surpassed all my expectations. Much like the first one, really. :)

So, it was pretty good. Not sure if it was better than the first or not. But I don't have any of the plethora of complaints I read elsewhere (such as too long, not funny, not original, too hard to follow what's going on, etc).

OP
R

revl8er

That Damn Good
Just went to see it. I thought it was great, but it really annoys me when movies force you to wait for the next one to see what happens. Like LOTR.

That is a good way to make sure that people will see the next one. Sure its annoying, but a good strategy none the less.

bcrew1375

True, very true :p. BTW, smegforbrain, some of the funny moments in the movie do lean towards cheesy(such as Jack and his stick), but nothing too bad. If it's too hard to follow what's going on, you must not be paying much attention. I saw the movie half-asleep and still understood pretty much everything.

Last edited:

A.I.

Banned
Dunno about anyone but I found some of the dialogue a little imcomprehensible, especially that witchdoctor chick with teeth covered in vegemite. When it comes out on DVD I'm gonna have the subtitles on for sure!