What's new

Pictures of a (dead ?) software gfx plugin

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Pictures of a (dead ?) software plugin

Here are some pictures of a software plugin i did a few months ago... I don't know if it can interest anyone but that's something new to look at :p

The plugin is far from being complete and i don't know if i'll ever have time/interest to continue it. A few things you may be interested in : the plugin is written in clean c++, the objects architecture is very close to the real hardware architecture. When i stop working on this plugin, it was still using HLE, but with a perfect rsp emulation it wouldn't be very hard to add LLE support, it would only be far slower than what you can see on these pictures... :/

Well it can give you an idea of what can be achieved by a full LLE gfx emulation. ;)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
what will be the minimum requeriments to run mupen with this plugin?surely will be good for slow computers,isnt it?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Felipe said:
what will be the minimum requeriments to run mupen with this plugin?surely will be good for slow computers,isnt it?

err, don't think so :p
Look at the VI/S counter of the screenshots, they were taken with a Duron 1GHz.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Remote: It's HLE, and would probably look exactly the same if it were LLE, but it's software and made exactly like on a real hardware : 320*240 framebuffer, and stretched to 640*480 when it's rendered on the TV, i don't know how to filter this to look like on a real TV yet...

Felipe: yes, i would accept help, but the only thing i need is motivated coders... As i said, it's programmed in c++ and very well structured and easy to understand you know enough about the n64 hardware.

Last edited:

blight

ahh so that was what you were doing with that vector maths... ;)
so the quality of the results could be increased if you knew this or the other thing?

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
Hacktarux said:
Felipe: yes, i would accept help, but the only thing i need is motivated coders... As i said, it's programmed in c++ and very well structured and easy to understand you know enough about the n64 hardware.

good to know that,make an announcement in sites like ngemu that surely will give the news about this plugin,maybe someone will answer you.

Remote

Hacktarux said:
Remote: It's HLE, and would probably look exactly the same if it were LLE, but it's software and made exactly like on a real hardware : 320*240 framebuffer, and stretched to 640*480 when it's rendered on the TV, i don't know how to filter this to look like on a real TV yet...

Ok, then I got what you were doing :) Cool news if you or anyone else with skill picks it up, looks like it would need a monster to run though...

Last edited:

linemu

linux...

Is this a plugin for linux? (I'm guessing it is because of the keramik window decoratin on the screenshots). What's the compatibility so far?

Clements

This could be potentially an excellent plugin for those troublesome 2D games that most plugins mess up. With 2XSAI etc. added like Pete's Soft GPU for PSX (if it isn't already!) it could the ultimate 2D graphics plugin! :w00t:

Last edited:

Knuckles

I think some days ago, I asked on #emulation64 if there was a software video plugin for N64.....

Is it Linux or win? I hope win, I want to use it on my laptop, it has no HW 3d acceleration on it :(, so I hope you'll continue it (if on win)! I'm supporting you!

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Windows, Windows,Windows, always Windows.....
Linux could use some other good plugins....

ciruZ

Seems like Hacktarux uses KDE, so the screenshots are on Linux/*BSD.
I think that there will be a Windows Version, too, if the plugin uses SDL.

@Hacktarux:
If you want it to look like on the TV:
Put scanlines on it and use a bilienar filter - if I use ZSNES (SNES Emulator) and enable Bilinear Filtering and Scanlines, then it looks like on TV :).

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It's a linux plugin, but it's very very easy to port it to window if you have basic directdraw knowledge. You only have to implement one class :)

ciruZ

blight: Using cygwin or what do you mean?
Or do you mean the KDE skin in Windows? Or was anybody so stupid and ported KDE to Windows?
Well, I think we better talk about that over PM, and then in German :)

Last edited:

Zilla

夢を見られた
Filtering

Perhaps Dscaler or TvTime code (look on sourceforge) could be used for filtering (with some adaptation), I hear they scale up well. (Just as long as a contrib. is made back to their CVS.)

Gotta love GPL. :) I'm only sorry I don't have the time to help out with this.

Zuzma

If you make it really accurate you could say load up a save state and compare the LLE video to the HLE video to see if it looks how it's supposed to with out having to use screen captures from the real n64 all the time. :teehee: