What's new

Perfect Dark Framebuffer or blending issue?

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
I've added a modified picture as to what Perfect dark's start menu is supposed to look like when pressed in Carrington institute, and i've also attached how it looks like in pj64. Just wondering whether this is framebuffer or blending problem.

Modified picture of how it should be:

pdright.jpg

How Jabo's shows it:

pdwrong.jpg

Last edited:

Clements

glN64() started to display the effect with my GeForce4 MX card, but since I upgraded the effect seems to have disappeared. Jabo's does not display the effect so has a black screen.

skull1

im9i7
Nick_kidid0 said:
I've added a modified picture as to what Perfect dark's start menu is supposed to look like when pressed in Carrington institute, and i've also attached how it looks like in pj64. Just wondering whether this is framebuffer or blending problem.

Modified picture of how it should be:

pdright.jpg

How Jabo's shows it:

pdwrong.jpg

i don't see the picture.

Clements

Nick_kidid0 said:
k, is it framebuffer though?

I'm not a plugin author, but I believe this to be a framebuffer effect, because I did some investigative work some time ago on this when I was looking into the ripple effect at the beginning of Mickey's Speedway USA (another Rare game).

If you enable 'Self-Rendered Textures' in the rom settings in Jabo's plugin for PD, the game crashed just before the menu appeared, leading me to believe that it is a framebuffer effect (unemulated). I could be completely wrong, though, a plugin/emu author should know for sure.

OP
Nick_kidid0

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
First of all, Glide64 cannot run perfect dark afaik, and the same happens when i enable framebuffer on Rice's plugin. So yea, it's an unemulated framebuffer function from what i've found.