What's new

PCSX2 0.9 released

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Category: <b>Playstation 2</b><br><br>As promised by lead developer Saqib, PCSX2 has been released 0.9 this weekend.

Due some site troubles we had some delay, but now the moment has finally come:

PCSX2 0.9 - Posted by CKemu @ 5:22 03-04-06

Yes folks PCSX2 0.9 is here, by no means gracefully, but it is here!

You can now enjoy PCSX2 0.9 a faster and more compatible PS2 emulator, it's been a year since 0.8.1 was released so you will see many dramatic changes!

Many games are now going ingame, and some are even playable (check out games like Disgaea, or Silent Hill 4!)

On behalf of all the team I would like to say a big HELLO to linuzappz, and a large thankyou for everything he's done for us prior to him leaving the team!

Given the site troubles over the past 24 hours, I can assure you that myself and several devs right now are totally bald from ripping our hair out!
<b>Update</b>: Updated the download to the latest release that should help with some problems. Also be sure to grab the lates P.E.Op.S Sound plugin from here which fixes a problem when running the bios. (Keith)

:: PCSX2 Official Site
:: PCSX2 0.9

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
The screens in their forums look promising, PCSX2 looks to be like it's going to hit fully playable full speed commercial emulation first. Good job PCSX2 team. Keep it up!

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
hmm, when i run dragon ball z budokai 3 it playes a few frames of the intro video ad then i can do anythin else, yet the frames still count and the framerate changes still...anyone know y this is? i know it is slightly playable as ive seen it on the ngemu forums.
and yes i am using the updated version that was released later today.

DeLeTeBR

For what I could see from past updates regarding the status of PCSX2, this version has many promises !

The only thing I would like to know is who is the hipie that compress this emulator using 7zip. Myself - and probably some others milion users - don't use and don't want to download from 7-zip.org the program just to unpack PCSX2. Don't get me wrong, I know 7zip is free and is "bla bla bla ..." but why not use a normal zip compression that is avaliable in almost every computer on earth ...

Again, no problem using 7zip, but if you will distribute something big like PCSX2 in the oficial website, pack the thing using a standard zip compression method so a larger number of users don't have to download, install, unzip and unistall 7-zip just to use PCSX2.

Since I don't have 7zip instaled in my station I can't say anything about the emulator, because I can unpack it.

Miretank

Lurking
Since I don't have 7zip instaled in my station I can't say anything about the emulator, because I can unpack it.
Don't you have even Winrar? :|

Btw, 0.9 doesn't work for me. My graphic card can't handle the new plugins unfortunately. (GF4 MX)

Clements

PCSX2 0.9 is working fairly well for me, although I do get a lot of instability, which manifests itself when I try to close the emulator.

flowrent

It works on MX440 .Use the Gdsx9 plugin and configure the shader .
Mine is Geforce 2 MX !!! :D and it still works with the options (Renderer-Direct 3D,Shader - Fixed Pipeline)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
DeLeTeBR said:
I believe that is nonsense. Why should you not use a better compression format? You can get it for free and there is no harm in doung so. You are just being lazy.

OP
Falcon4ever

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
If people don't know how to unpack a 7z (they should use google...), then they probably aren't smart enough to use pcsx2 anyway...

Miretank

Lurking
flowrent said:
It works on MX440 .Use the Gdsx9 plugin and configure the shader .
Mine is Geforce 2 MX !!! and it still works with the options (Renderer-Direct 3D,Shader - Fixed Pipeline)
For some weird reason it's now working ^_^. Thanks for giving me hope.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
DeLeTeBR said:
WinRAR supports 7zip. Most PCs nowadays have WinRAR installed, if they intend to use the internet for any type of downloads.

Nice work! I've been looking at the videos and screenshots; although I'm not interested in emulating any Ps2 games. Still quite an impressive job the team have done.

DeLeTeBR

Falcon4ever:
I do understand that my english isn't nearly close to be perfect, but I haven't said that I don't know how to unpack a 7z file.

People can talk anything they want, Winrar that, 7zip this, but the standard continues to be zip compression.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Does it matter? Are we not free to use what we want?
As why zip is the standard can be argued, because there is no real answer, but they chose to use 7z and we must abide by it. And for most users, this isn't a problem, because we have the proper software installed to handle it.

Martin

Administrator
I comletely understand the choice for 7zip if it compresses better than the other options. You must understand how many people download the emulator, it causes insane amounts of bandwidth, and if you can distribute a smaller release that's prefered.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Agreed, if anything RAR is the standard now. Zip is still around because the mass public of general PC users don't know anything else.

spotanjo3

It is not about winrar discussion. It is about PCSX2 0.9. (ROLL EYES)

Maybe you should put a new thread for winrar discussion only.

Miretank

Lurking
Rockmangames said:
It is not about winrar discussion. It is about PCSX2 0.9. (ROLL EYES)

Maybe you should put a new thread for winrar discussion only.
It's not really a discussion about winrar x winzip. We're discussing about the methods of compression used to make the package of PCSX2. ;)

DeLeTeBR

What have I done ... some things realy can't be discussed ...

Well it could be worst, I could be talking about who is better intel or amd.