What's new

Pc to tv help

revl8er

That Damn Good
I'm having trouble connecting my pc to my tv. I have a geforce 6800LE with an s video port on the back. My tv doesn't have an s video port, but I have an adapter that changes s video to the normal yellow video port. When I connect my pc to my tv, everything comes on the screen, but its in black and white. Anybody have any ideas?

KingVendrSnatch

無感覚
Is it a color tv??

J/K

Anyways you can try Tv Tool. Its supposed to work for most Nvidia cards. I used to use it when I had a Nvidia card and it worked well. It may help your problem.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Does is it an adaptor that has a little box with varios coloured ports? if that's the case, connect the yellow cable in the blue port

OP
R

revl8er

That Damn Good
The adapter is just a wire. One side has an s video port to go into the pc, the other is a slot to hook up a yellow video wire and then connect the other side to the pc.

OP
R

revl8er

That Damn Good
Ok, nvm that question tv tool worked great there, but is there any way to get the text to not be so blurry, if not then I can live with it.

OP
R

revl8er

That Damn Good
Oh well, as long as I can play my pc games with no problems on my tv then I'm good.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
revl8er said:
I'm having trouble connecting my pc to my tv. I have a geforce 6800LE with an s video port on the back. My tv doesn't have an s video port, but I have an adapter that changes s video to the normal yellow video port. When I connect my pc to my tv, everything comes on the screen, but its in black and white. Anybody have any ideas?
This may also be because you've chosen the wrong color system (eg PAL for an NTSC tv or the other way around).

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
t0rek said:
Yeah it's always blurry, you can solve that by getting, you know, a Plasma HDTV :p
The yellow cable (composite video) is the most blurry ;). Getting a TV with S-video definitely helps (with component and HD being even sharper).