What's new

Part-way through Shenmue 2, it locks up

xycos

Dear members of the EmuTalk.net community,

Help! I'm begging you. This is so frustrating, because I've actually played the game and like it! I've started playing Shanmue 2 on Chankast, and I've played successfully through to the second day, at the part where you have to enter Yan Tin apartments. At the Yan Tin loading screen, the game locks up and I have to control-alt-delete to get out of it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Best of wishes,
xycos

KingSky

I seriously hope you're not attempting to actually finish the game on this Emulator. Most people only use Emus as a novelty, especially one this early in development. Your gonna have to wait at least a year or more before you can expect this thing to actually run stable enough to finish RPGs.
My suggestion is spare yourself the headache and just buy a DC for like a dollar at your local used video games store, I think ShenMue 2 is also available on PS2.

lenselijer

shenmue2 is also for xbox :p

and just wait for a new version of the chankast emulator. but why dont you just buy a dreamcast for $15 if you like the game so much

OP
X

xycos

Sorry, I figured it out, I turned on the Capcom Hack, which let me load the area, but screwed up talking, so I had to turn it off. What exactly does the Capcom Hack doo, anyway?

Anyway, I am planning to finish the game, I'm already on Disc 2. It's slow, and the sound is so buggy I have to turn it off, but otherwise it runs well and is more than playable.

Best of wishes,
xycos

KingSky

I think a video game should be an enjoyment, not a task. I would never play a game that ran slow and had no sound. Just like you would never watch a movie that was choppy and had no sound. But then again that's just me.