What's new

Overcloking

Trotterwatch

Well this is more of a tech talk issue - but I'm guessing you could ask about overclocking here. But be warned, any advice is taken at your own risk.

In fact you may be better off searching google for dedicated overclocking sites.

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah you can talk about it mate :) but like trotterwatch said, any advice taken is at your own risk.

http://www.overclockers.com/

is a pretty good site :)

all you'll need is the coolbits addon for your nvidia drivers to enable overclocking, you should find it on google heh

OP
K

Kiantsu

thanks! by "enlaces" (some of 12 or 13 visited url's from your recomendated webpage, I found some utilitys for overcloking.) A question, do I've got to change BIOS for overcloking? If I do something incorrect and "break" the drivers, have I got to format my pc?

Stezo2k

S-2K
Kiantsu said:
A question, do I've got to change BIOS for overcloking? If I do something incorrect and "break" the drivers, have I got to format my pc?

You only need to change a few BIOS settings if you are overclocking your CPU, you won't need to format though :)

If you overclock too much, the system will start to become unstable

OP
K

Kiantsu

what cautions have I got to have for overcloking video card and don't break chip or memory?

Stezo2k

S-2K
Kiantsu said:
what cautions have I got to have for overcloking video card and don't break chip or memory?

if you only overclock your video card, if any damage is done, it will be done to the video card itself, nothing else.

if you don't want to damage your card, don't overclock too much (definatly not over 100mhz more), or buy a better fan/heatsync for the card if available, then you should get quite a few more mhz out of it, same goes with a CPU

Stezo2k

S-2K
Kiantsu said:
did you overcloked your video card?

yeah i did, lol i overclocked the core speed by 6mhz :)

the memory clock i did a bit more, o/c it to about 25mhz

i don't want to overheat my system too much, my bedroom is usually hot