What's new

Overclocking/Underclocking

HiReZ92

I am playing Crazy Taxi 2 and was wondering if I overclocked the speed higher would it benefit to the slowdown that occurs within the game. Also where would I go to access the + and - buttons? Is it in the option menu or can it be acessed some other way. Lastly I wanted to know if a lot of peole have sucess in playing Sonic Adventure 1 by switching the speed as mentioned in the compatibility thread. Before I play the game I wanted to know before hand from people who have had success or errors.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Press +/- on the numpad. Sometimes underclocking produces better results and vice versa.

OP
H

HiReZ92

Agozer said:
Press +/- on the numpad. Sometimes underclocking produces better results and vice versa.
Are you sure about that because when I was playing in-game I pressed +/- and the CPU didn't change. Can you tell what exactly am I doing wrong?

Mouser X

Yes, I'm sure about that. I know it's worked for me. Make sure you have NUMLOCK on, or off (try it both ways). If that doesn't make a difference, then I'd say something's screwy with your PC. Mouser X out.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
NumLock needs to be on, otherwise the Numpad acts as the cursor keys + Home/PgUp/PgDown/End/Ins/Del/Enter.