• Link's awakening still rulez

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I can't decide i just like them both

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
oracle series had WAY more fun packed into them. those puzzles were SWEET and the weapons were 1337

Eagle

aka Alshain
Nah, Links awakening was better. It had just as many puzzles as the other two and had a much better story line too.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Eagle said: It had just as many puzzles as the other two and had a much better story line too.
I love all Zelda games, but I preefer the oracle series. But I don't think that Link's awakening has a better storyline... The oracle series togheter have a great storyline I think.

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
links awakening is better, the oracle series has to many annoying 'must complete' minigames (dancing for example) for my taste

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
SOOOOOOOOOo many people cant do the Goron dancing and thats why they hate the game. I sat here with my friend and it took him 2 DAYS to get past the FIRST PART of the dance. no rythem what so ever

zorbid

I didn't finish the Oracle games, so I can't judge them in their whole. I was bored after three or four levels. For what I know, the story is "Oh, shit the weak goddes has been kidnaped by the bad guy. Go find the n items to rescue her". Kinda basic. There are good ideas (season and time puzzles, great items), but I find the story boring.

Link's Awakening has one of the most creative storyline I've ever played. I've been completely catched, and was realy sad (playing a GB game !!) when I learnt the truth about the Island.

I mean, it is really mysterious, you have to discover the secret of the Island, what is that WindFish thing, and so on, step by step... It's quite weird somtimes too... The last boss, fight Link's worst nightmares. So many great Ideas. I love that.

And the music sticks so much to the athmosphere. The intro was stunning (for a GB game), and the outro once again made me feel something. Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game (and one of my favorite games at all:)). Can't wait for the next one.

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
zorbid said:
Link's Awakening has one of the most creative storyline I've ever played. I've been completely catched, and was realy sad (playing a GB game !!) when I learnt the truth about the Island.

i have completed all three Zeldas. it was a long time ago, but i remembered Link's Awakening's storyline goes somewhat like this:

1: Storm, Link is knocked unconscious
2: Link dreams
3: Link wakes up

u call that a good (original?!?!?!) storyline?!?!

Dont get me wrong, I liked all three. I actually have fonder (is this a word?) memories of Link's Awakening. but u stating that it has a more original storyline is absurd.

zorbid

What I find great is that, at the beginning of the game, you don't know that Link is dreaming (at least I didn't). The inhabitants are quite weird, and the universe is oniric (a little, but not enough to let you figure) . What I find original is that you have to discover thart you are stuck in your own dream.

Do you know another game with a scenario that comes close to this? :sly: I don't .

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
Anchel said:
? I like it a lot for the minigames, just like in Zelda Ocarina of Time...

I also like minigames, but the annoying thing is that you MUST COMPLETE them to in order to get on with the game

Tri-Force said:
SOOOOOOOOOo many people cant do the Goron dancing and thats why they hate the game. I sat here with my friend and it took him 2 DAYS to get past the FIRST PART of the dance. no rythem what so ever

that has nothing to do with rythem it's just button acrobatics that destroy every game

btw I did the goron dance in no time

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I agree with PJ64er.
But what zorbid says about the weird characters.......
Every Zelda game has weird characters. But the Oracle series have a much better storyline than Link's awakening.
As PJ64er said, Link's awakening storyline is:
1: Storm, Link is knocked unconscious
2: Link dreams
3: Link wakes up
In the oracle series, the story can get boring if you don't get to the 6th dungeon, where you see that there is something else behind those "bad guys" plans. I'm not saying anymore, since I would be spoiling the ending.
About the minigames..... THEY ARE PRETTY EASY!!!!

B

barronfel

I like them both. Did any1 see the bow-wow in Links Awakning?

OP
H

h-e-l-l-o

The always bored guy
I agree with zorbid the story is much better than in oracle

1.Oracle gets kidnapped
2.Link rescues
3.the other Oracle gets kidnapped
4.Link rescues
5.If you linked your game u fight *** and ***

awesome:plain2:

zorbid

Pj64er, this is a matter of personnal taste. I don't think that one of us will convince the other. I love how they were able to use the theme of the dream in a video game (I'm not sure that sentence is understandable, cos' it is a litteral translation from french. Sorry if it isn't). And I'm a big dreamer, you know. :)
Did any1 see the bow-wow in Links Awakning?

:cry: Wooooot !!!! My Bow-wow was dognapped:cry:
By the Mmm MMmmm m m m Mobliiins!!!

Does Bow-wow appears in a game before Link's Awakening?

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
agreed zorbid. amybe we have cultural differences? for me, any story that ends with a "it was all a dream" just allows an alternate universe and not affect the rest of the series. therefore cheap imho.

ive seen bow-wow in mario 3 ;)