What's new

opengl(rice) and schibo

karmine

imma start my own thread since it might be followed up on a little better.
my system specs:

Amd Duron 775
some random SiS integrated Audio
376mb ram
geforce FX 5500 (256mb) <----------------------------------------------|
SiS integrated graphics chip (for some reason running SLI even in linux) <--|
1964 099

my problem is with both zeldas. the games run great except at certain points the video gets out of sync and starts flashing really fast black to normal, if i hit F9 to speed up emulation it refreshes faster and goes back to normal....and i have to do this most of the time when i move to a different area. i just started majoras so i dont have anything other than that problem for that game. but in ocarina in front of the temple of time...and in the kokiri shop my framerate gets nullified and it goes into a frameskip frenzy in the upwards of FS30-70. which on a geforce makes me wonder why? i beat ocarina just fine....all the big ass monsters didnt slow anything down but just those few spots in the game killed emulation. im running the latest Rice in opengl because directx mode just sucks on my system, and im using schibos audio which brings me to the next problem; crackling sound. im not sure why but any emulator for any system i use has this problem....like it might be a sound level problem. i use plugins for winamp etc etc that normalize and control the volume of the mp3's etc i use and no problem, but nothing works for emulators. metroid fusion on visualboy advance ouch, any time there was an explosion or i used missiles crackle crackle sounded like my speakers were blown but i know they arent. hope i was descriptive enough