What's new

OC'd My duron

GCFreak

Since I'm about to upgrade, I just wanna stretch the life out of my Duron now.

I overclocked to 880MHz and will maybe go higher and see what happens.

Looks good so far, It can boot into windows. Running iTunes and Firefox and it stays at 40*C Thanks to the new cooler I installed. :p I will try it with games aswell. If it stays cool, I'll keep it on this clock. Or maybe I will be evil and stretch it to da Max! :evil: :devil:

OP
G

GCFreak

cooliscool said:
... 80MHz. You're PRO!

Man, I hate those kind of posts you make. Total sarcasm :D.

Besides, I am doing this because I'm stretching the last life out of my duron before I upgrade.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
_sniper_ said:
Older proccesors (as in below 1ghz) oc a lot less than current procs nub.

omg!!!! wel, u no, i have aol so, cant be 2 much nub, rly. LOL.

Seriously, that's completely untrue. Basing overclockability on the default internal speed of a CPU is stupid.

I understand what you're trying to say, which is, "you have to understand the original speed to increase ratio."

My main point was that, making a thread, and being excited over a measly (yes, measly, even for a Duron. Even earlier Duron cores were scalable to at least 1GHz, Morgan being even better) 80MHz is.. well, why?

Last edited:
OP
G

GCFreak

80MHz because My Duron has a Spitfire core which I don't believe was the best overclocker in it's day.

@Chibi: You're right, A grammatical Error, What I was meant to say was "I want to make the most of my processor before upgrade and see what it can do". By the way I installed a new cooler in it so It won't destroy the thing and will stay cool. Under stress is stays below 45*C :D.

EDIT: Nooo, I just found out my Motherboard can't handle over 880MHz because the next OC Step is 960MHz, And I will get a CMOS Error if I overclock it to that setting, Or maybe do I have to raise the Vcore voltage?

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
To be honest it isn't worth overclocking a cpu that slow, just wait till you get your new PC, you'll think "How the hell did I put up with that thing".

OP
G

GCFreak

How I put up with my machine? One thing is that my current rig is the most stable PC I have ever come across.

Anyways, Got the new mobo, sound card and Processor today. I installed the sound card in my rig and it works great! Oh yeah I also got the case.

TerraPhantm

For the vCore, just keep increasing it in .025-.05v increments until you find a stable setting. I wouldn't go above 1.9v, and even that is rather dangerous unless you have good cooling.

OP
G

GCFreak

@zAlbee: I do low level gaming and N64 Emulation and Dolphin (not very much). Besides, The GeForce6 is overpriced here. You get a 6800GT here for $400+ and a FX5900 at $200+ and a 6600GT at $250+.

Last edited: