What's new

Ocarina of Time, subscreen delay fix, codes for all ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Ocarina of Time subscreen delay fix codes for all ROMs

I think this is so good it's worth making its own thread.

Below are cheat codes that you can enter and enable to fix a known issue in Project64 that has been with us since v1.0 - that the subscreen in Zelda OoT takes longer to appear than it should, this being annoying while playing. Previously our best recommendation was that you disable the speed limiter.. some people also reported reducing the CF1 to 1 helped, however both these methods have drawbacks. Now you can use codes to aparently (not well tested yet) solve the problem without drawbacks.

All credit for this goes to Tooie for finding the first code (for Zelda U 1.0) yesterday and Gent for staying up until 7AM this morning working out the rest from it. If you appreciate their work say thanks to Tooie and Gent! :)

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA5CB 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.1)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA78B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)
Subscreen delay fix
801DAE8B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0)
Subscreen delay fix
801D860B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.1)
Subscreen delay fix
801D864B 0002

Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina (J)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA5CB 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Subscreen delay fix
801D8F4B 0002

Gent will probably release a cheat file with these in, but until then you can enter these codes via the cheat window (turn off Hide Advanced Settings to allow new codes to be added). If you need help entering codes try visiting the PJ64 Cheats Site.

If people could try these codes and report back how well they do or don't work before i add this to the FAQ that would appreciated.

Lastly, i know this isn't a proper fix (there's still something funny going on in the emulator there) but it seems to do the job. Nice work Gent and Tooie!

Last edited:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Great work guys! :) Thank Gent Tooie and Smiff for bring us this great code. I confirm that now there is virtually no delay for displaying the subscreen! Yea!

I do have a question, how do you permenately enable a cheat in PJ64 so that you don't have to enable it everytime you play it?

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
jjarmis: I made that into a link.

ra5555: it's an option on the options tab in settings.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
ra5555 said:
Great work guys! :) Thank Gent Tooie and Smiff for bring us this great code. I confirm that now there is virtually no delay for displaying the subscreen! Yea!

I do have a question, how do you permenately enable a cheat in PJ64 so that you don't have to enable it everytime you play it?

On the Project64 Gui

Options\Settings\Options\Remember Select Cheats.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Excellent find guys. Nice work! :)

Zelda OoT V1.2
Master Quest

Both confirmed working.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
reducing the number of cycles going into the menu from 240 to 2 :saddam:

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
this is a special case.. there's nothing wrong with e.g. Mario Golf AFAIK, the framebuffer is just slow to emulate.

vyder

i am a real nub when it comes to these things also...how do u use these cheats and what does AFAIK mean?

thanx guys. :ph34r:

mozzer999

Spunky Monkey
AFAIK its as far as i know?

Oh well wishful thinking, mario golf is great, but i would prefer to play it on pj64 than nemu (which incidently plays it quite well).

Status
Not open for further replies.