What's new

Not to be a wet blanket, but I'm worried.

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
At the rate Dolphin is proceeding, what's going to stop Nintendo from eating the authors of Dolphin for lunch, just like they did with the UltraHLE authors?

aprentice

Renegade said:
At the rate Dolphin is proceeding, what's going to stop Nintendo from eating the authors of Dolphin for lunch, just like they did with the UltraHLE authors?

Cause emulators are not illegal, i think it was proven in the sony v. connectix case and sony v. bleem case :p

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
The authors stopped development because of fear that the big 'N' would try to 'eat them for lunch'; just because of their fear of Nintendo's wrath doesn't mean Nintendo can actually do anything.. besides murder them with legal fees...

pandamoan

Banned
Malcolm said:
The authors stopped development because of fear that the big 'N' would try to 'eat them for lunch'; just because of their fear of Nintendo's wrath doesn't mean Nintendo can actually do anything.. besides murder them with legal fees...

can't they just remain anonymous?

post it through the forums or from some dummy email address, who cares?

jamie

Remote

To a certain point it is, but if you do something wrong, really wrong like releasing a blaster virus they are gonna get you but otherwise I don't think they will spend that amount of money to find out who is responsible for a product that isn't illegal.

And then there's always Anynomizer and programs like that which allows you to surf more or less private. Don't know to what degree though.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Or the authors could easily get me to release it, I hardly know anuff C to program myself a GUI in windows, let Nintendo come to me :p

Remote

From what I've heard they rather not:p And even if they did you don't fit their demographic... ;-)

aprentice

Malcolm said:
Or the authors could easily get me to release it, I hardly know anuff C to program myself a GUI in windows, let Nintendo come to me :p

nintendo will not go after a FREEWARE and PERFECTLY LEGAL project with authors in ANOTHER COUNTRY that are NOT RICH. Now quit being paranoid :p

Last edited:

aprentice

Malcolm said:

i heard epsilon quit because he didn't wanna work with RM for obvious reasons and that rm was the one who feared nintendo, not sure how accurate this is, take as you wish :p

OP
R

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
Well, I'm hoping the author won't set up a website or something.

It'll just be horrendous with all the pple emailing him "WHORE CAN U F1ND ROMZ?!??!?!?!?!?!?!" or even "LEMME BE BETA TESTA FOR YOVR EMULATORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Remote

To avoid that simply remove all forms of user interaction and contact information...

oh god yeah.. i forgot how quickly the lamers creep out when theres a good emu about

that said zilmar and jabo had it right, did what they wanted to do, and included who they wanted to include, so i guess it can be done..