What's new

Nintendo Gamecube Roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
My question is this: I have Zelda Windwaker rom can I put this rom in a CD with a PS2 format to play in the PS2? Or I can't do that?

missingclow

doubts!!

well!
hi everybody im a kind o new in this forum and sorry for my poor english it's because im from (bolivia)ok!( latino)
soo i want to know about a certainly things
-1st why fires (i guess that its the owner of the site?) dont put the new emulator in the dolphin official website! ( its if put here a have no problem but what about the official website soo?)
-the last version will be this!( i mean 1.03 beta its the last version?)
- and why dont put all those thing like ini in the website too?
i hope that with this simples questions i wont be againts the rules of emutalk!
again sorry for my english!!

Mouser X

ArgJuli said:
My question is this: I have Zelda Windwaker rom can I put this rom in a CD with a PS2 format to play in the PS2? Or I can't do that?
Wha?! Um, I can't tell what you're trying to say. However, it looks like you're asking one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard. Hopefully, this is not the case... Anyway, if you're asking what I think you're asking, then NO! It's like trying to put Windows XP on a MAC (yes, I know it can be done, now that MACs are using x86 based chips, but I'm refering to a MAC that's at least 1 year old). Gamecube games are written SPECIFICALLY for the hardware achitecture of the Gamecube. The PS2 is completely different than the GC. Different CPU, different graphics card, different motherboard, ect. Just because I can put *.EXE files (windows specific) on a MAC, doesn't mean they're going to run. You'd be doing the same thing. The PS2 won't even know what the disc is. The format of the disc makes difference. On top of that, GC games are encrypted somehow. Sure, you could get rid of the encription, but it's still completely wrong for the PS2.

To sum it all up: What you ask CAN'T happen. Try running Windows applications on the MAC OS. They don't work. Neither will this. I may have been rude (probably was), but I just can't understand how anyone would even think that such a thing would work in the first place. Mouser X over and out.

Toasty

Sony battery
As Mouser X already stated, Gamecube games do not run on the PS2, and they never will without emulation (and AFAIK, there is currently no Gamecube emulator for PS2) - and even then it would be impossible for them to run anywhere near full speed, as the Gamecube is overall a more powerful system than the PS2. Without an emulator to translate the game's code, trying to play a Gamecube game on a PS2 would be like giving an English-only-speaking person Japanese instructions and expecting him to follow them.

Miretank

Lurking
Of course, everyone does that.
I play Gamecube games in my PSX. Looks neat! :bouncy:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Can someone seriously think they can play GameCube games on a PS2?

I mean come on, people need to have some sense of realities.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Just buy a Gamecube! Or if you have one already just play it on that. It's never gonna happen. The Gamecube is only 130Euro now anyway.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
i guess the images explains a lot...

this-thread-sucks-billboard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.