What's new

Nintendo DS: Release Date, Price, Box Art.

OP
P

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Stezo2k said:
I feel that was totally uncalled for myself, I just think the handheld looks quite promising myself, and being more powerful than the PS2, we should see quite a few nice-looking games for it.

Heck, the DS looks a pretty good handheld, but I can name some disadvantages it has, Battery Life is the main one, powering 2 backlit screens will really drain batteries

Actually, the DS has great battery life. The PSP has the shitty battery life, at about 1-2 hours of gameplay. So, if you have a PSP, stay near a power outlet, keep extra batteries, and save often. DS also should have a built in battery pack (rechargable) just like the GBA SP has. So, this will be a good thing for me :p I'm getting a DS, and that's final. Maybe I'll save for a PSP, but it's going to cost way too much I think.

IceWarm

I saw the pre-order boxes for the DS at an Electronics Boutique in the Denver area last Thursday and it was priced at $199.

OP
P

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
IceWarm said:
I saw the pre-order boxes for the DS at an Electronics Boutique in the Denver area last Thursday and it was priced at $199.

Then they are ripping you off. It's $150 for a DS (the set price)

smegforbrain

Hmm, maybe I should have hit EB in Cherry Creek earlier today to see what that particular store was pricing the DS at.

Either way, the only useful purpose to a second screen would be for maps, etc, and that's more the province of rpg's and stuff. I just don't see enough companies making games that will make use of the darn thing.