What's new

New trailer of the new Zelda on NGC has been released!

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I was a little unsure after seeing the trailer. The dungeon area's look kind of plain and simple in terms of textures/shadowing etc when you compare them to the frankly awe-inspiring Hyrule field sections. Still there hasn't been a bad true Zelda game yet (no I don't include the spark-lacking Capcom GBC games). Four Swords was particularly fun and clever, and as long as they don't take the "Prince of Persia 2" route and try to make it the tired `dark and brooding`, I'm sure it will R0Xx0r Teh W0r7D. Or something.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I agree that the dungeons lack detail...but the outdoor environments look incredible! Also, the animations still need work...but I'm sure they'll be fixed up by release time.

I for one am really looking forward to this game...I might even buy a GC so I can play it...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
The part of the trailer with the ghosts in what looks like the bottom of the Well from OoT, and the part with Link swimming, were both simply awesome.. don't know why, or how to explain it, but they just rocked my socks. :phone: If you think it looks bland now, look at pre-release OoT and make a judgement. Nintendo will have it all sorted when it's released, without a doubt.

Can't wait until we get a release date..

Eagle

aka Alshain
Stalkid64 said:
I was a little unsure after seeing the trailer. The dungeon area's look kind of plain and simple in terms of textures/shadowing etc when you compare them to the frankly awe-inspiring Hyrule field sections.

Keep in mind those screen shots are from an unfinished production. They might have a lot more life too them when its finsihed.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Agreed. This is the first trailer nintendo's released for the game. (Well, if you want to be a smart ass, you could say it's the second - since we saw it at E3. But really it's just the second part of that one which was shown privately at that convention, so it's nothing "new"). That being the case, if you looked at the original Wind Waker trailer, the original dungeons and such were meak and not detailed. What an improvement we saw.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
This is the second trailer. The first trailer showed at E3 2004 is also available on nintys site. Btw, you're late! Check the nintendo revolution thread.
This trailer has been out since 10th of march I think. I also remember they said that the game story is finished I think. Now they're going to put the finishing touches to it. It'll be released sometime in october.

ano

ToT
it looks so nice....

ha~~it impact me that to buy a GC just as when i saw the screenshot of BIOHAZED 0..

well..i havenot bought yet -_-!!

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I guess they really couldn't do any worse than their cel-shaded effort now, could they? ;)

Welcome to the board, ano. :)

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
This is the second trailer
Like I said, while it may be the same video - it's just an extension to the first one, made from the same build of the game. Nintendo even stated this at E3 2004, where they chose to only show the same exact video privatelly. It's been nearly a year, the game could have changed quite a bit in that time period. (though a drastic change is pretty unlikely)

Eagle

aka Alshain
ano said:
it looks so nice....

ha~~it impact me that to buy a GC just as when i saw the screenshot of BIOHAZED 0..

well..i havenot bought yet -_-!!

uh... what?

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Jaz said:
I guess they really couldn't do any worse than their cel-shaded effort now, could they? ;)
Hey... play before you judge. After all, I played HALO and HALO 2 and can safely judge both as being overrated repetitive garbage because I did so. :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ShizZie said:
Like I said, while it may be the same video - it's just an extension to the first one, made from the same build of the game. Nintendo even stated this at E3 2004, where they chose to only show the same exact video privatelly. It's been nearly a year, the game could have changed quite a bit in that time period. (though a drastic change is pretty unlikely)
Hmmm... but they did show another trailer or E3 2004. Bah, whatever, what is, is. The end point is that it looks amazing, and I can't wait for it.

2fast4u

cmon guys, the whole thing in motion looks simply amazing. as mentioned above those are wip gfx anyway, but the thought of the finished thing makes me drool.
judging by links fighting moves i suppose the battle system will be pretty much similar to wind waker, plus you can ride a warthog ;) cant wait for it. and if i keep progressing at the minish cap at the rate i am now ill have that finished in time for the new game to come out...lack of time is a bitch :whistling

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I hope they've ditched the stupid pauses and musical note-type things when hits connect though. Can't imagine they'll keep it in the new one but anyway...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Stalkid64 said:
Hey... play before you judge. After all, I played HALO and HALO 2 and can safely judge both as being overrated repetitive garbage because I did so. :p

Indeed.. you must be the only one who agrees with me that Halo 2 isn't the "best game evar!11" :p

Toasty

Sony battery
cooliscool said:
Indeed.. you must be the only one who agrees with me that Halo 2 isn't the "best game evar!11" :p
I'd have to say I agree with that too. The game seems to be shooting for a little bit of a darker theme than its predecessors (which I'm looking forward to). Heck, if they can make cartoony redeads freaky (and WW's redeads were surprisingly freaky), I'm sure this game will be full of surprises too. I can't wait to get to the dungeon that ghost scene was taken in! I was glad to see they won't have us killing stalfos with bombs (Wind Waker style) anymore too. Maybe Nintendo can make up for a little lost ground with this game.