What's new

New nvidia driver makes crashes the graphics

Holistic

I have discovered an error with the new nvidia geforce driver 4109 they seem to crash the graphics in all daedlus and jabo's d3d7 1.40 graphics plugins only in pj64
dont know if it's only me but just wanted to tell people

the Nvidia driver version i found the best is 3308

My best drivers ever were 42.30 beta. Maybe you have to search for it. 42.86 beta does exist already for XP/2k. Don't download 43.00! It will fuck up your whole system!

leizar

I have recently installed 41.09 drivers and now if I load a rom with 1964 (using Jano's plugin 1.4), and then I close the emu, I can't open any other game or emu that uses DirectX cause it just crashes, the whole screen freezes and I have to restart my computer manually.

Those drivers sucks!

Anyway I've tried to change some option and then I've intalled Other drivers and the problem seems to have disappeared.
Hope you could find asolution

leizar

Here is another problem with PJ64 and plugins.
If I change plugin, when I close the "settings" dialog box Pj64 crashes.
Any solution?

Video card: TNT: Model 64 Pro
AMD Athlon 550 Mhz
...don't know what else I should say

OP
Holistic

Holistic

sorry forgot to mention...its not the detonator drivers but the mx 440 drivers :blush: sorry :)
sorry for my english tonight pretty drunk ;)

Last edited:

leizar

don't know why, but this worked for me:
Control Panel->NVIDIA nView desktop manager(I think it is installed together with Nvidia drivers)
and check nView Desktop Manager.
I've tried it several times and and I'm sure that because of that I can fix my problem
Hope it works for you

lilcricket

mightyrocket said:
My best drivers ever were 42.30 beta. Maybe you have to search for it. 42.86 beta does exist already for XP/2k. Don't download 43.00! It will fuck up your whole system!

don't be so naive, i have been running the 43's for a while now, best ever, "ON MY SYSTEM", you just had bad results, that doesn't mean they are broken or bad drivers, they didn't work for you, and they worked for me, so in other words, don't "reccomend" people to not do something just because you had bad experiences, just research things before you post.....

OP
Holistic

Holistic

yeah i know the detonaor drivers are also for geforce but you still have the original drivers that have reached 4109
but i tried with the 4300 detonator drivers and now it wont recognize the dïrect3d or anything

so i changed back 2 3308
hopeless :getlost:

BFeely

Have you tried uninstalling your old Detonator drivers before installing the new ones? because old versions of the Detonator drivers can cause trouble.

OP
Holistic

Holistic

yup tried it all....ive tried all the original geforce drivers from 3308 and up and all the detonator driver from 4100 to 4300
they all do the same

everytime i unistall the drivers before installing the new ones
it's different problems from driver to driver mostly i just cant run any project 64 games or it comes it the miscrosoft error message you know "send error report" "dont send"
so far no matter what i do the only drivers that make everything work alright is the original geforce 3308 drivers not the detonator ones

dont know gues i'll just stick to them :angry:

Sierra

Sierra Fan
The new Detonator drivers (43.30) causes me one problem. The highest refresh rate I can select is 85Hz, although I should be able to select 100Hz, which I can do with the old drivers. Anyone else have this problem and any solutions for this? I have the Original GeForce3 card.

Clements

There are so many leaked beta versions available, so when are nVidia going to stick to one version and release it? Does anybody know when there will be a new release on the actual homepage? I have the latest official version (41.09) and noticed no improvement in N64 emulation at least...

ryanraab

Try 43.03 it work perfect for me. I noticed much improvement over 43.00 and to think for being only 0.03 it makes a big improvement.

Kaoss626

They should have them and a bunch more to choose from here:

Guru3d Video Driver Download Page

Clements, they have stuck with one driver the WHQL certified 41.09. True Nvidia changes drivers a lot, but its in the best interest of maximizing performance of their product. Its been this way since the TNT came out. I have no idea when a newer official version will be released, but I can guarantee you that within 24 hours of that release I'll have downloaded them and installed them.

Any driver beyond the 41.09 driver is probably a beta and is developed for specific testing of a certain function and may not be stable or even the best driver. Some beta drivers are specificly tweeked to maximize scores in certain synthetic benchmarks while not increasing performance in games one teenie tiny bit.

my take, is use beta drivers at your own risk, but it may be a rewarding experiance.

Heck if one was really adventurous, one could mix and match files from various releases in the same family (IE 41.xx and 41.xx but not 41.xx and 38.xx) to mix up your own personal dirver that is tailored to your needs. It may only buy you 1 or 2 FPS but when you really need to sqeeze the most out of your card it may help. As a note, I believe that there are web sites that discuss this mixing and matching in a little more depth but I dont know off hand what they might be.

Last edited: