What's new

New Mupen64Plus v1.99.3 release February 2010

Surkow

[...] as mentioned in the ngemu thread am using WPF and not QT/GTK. am not a Linux user myself and since those tools are mainly for Unix systems i don't use them for my development right now.[...]

Qt is most certainly not mainly a "Linux tool". I wouldn't use GTK in Windows...but Qt is a modern cross-platform application and UI framework.

aru

There You can choose the size:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mupen64plus.svg

But if you whant a specific size just pm me your mail with the size you want, I will send it to you :)

It's creative Commons So I thinks it ok! :)

Awesome!!! you said on your last post that you could create a top-left bar don't you??? if you do just tell me and am going to add it to the GUI.

Qt is most certainly not mainly a "Linux tool". I wouldn't use GTK in Windows...but Qt is a modern cross-platform application and UI framework.

aaa i c... well am not that used to QT so don't know how capable it is but when it comes to Windows development i don't know if QT reach the WPF levels at GUI design as it provides hardware acceleration depending on what you do and you don't rely on GDI+ which by nature is slow for heavy eye-candy apps.

anyways thanks for your explanation :bouncy:

Last edited:

Narann

Graphic programming enthusiast
Awesome!!! you said on your last post that you could create a top-left bar don't you??? if you do just tell me and am going to add it to the GUI.
Ok, just give me the size of the banner you want. :)

aru

Ok, just give me the size of the banner you want. :)

Actually the size doesn't matter as long as it's not too small... check out the files in the GUI directory of my app and you will see the size of the actual logo.

m64-2.png

I designed this logo a while ago if it's any use to you.

I have an svg version available.

Last edited:

aru

Thank you guys!!!!

honestly i didn't knew about the Shared lib API but now the i found a wiki info page about it i think i may make use of it at later.

Shin_Gouki

as u can see from emuforums he is a .NET guy, still he got a windows UI up and running very fast. So all other platform users have to wait for a QT release :)

Surkow

as u can see from emuforums he is a .NET guy, still he got a windows UI up and running very fast. So all other platform users have to wait for a QT release :)

I figured he was a .NET guy. The downside from his approach is that he built a frontend on top of the commandline UI instead of using the official API for user interfaces as described on this wiki. Still it is great to see many interested developers working on this project. The nice thing of the Qt GUI is that it will work in Windows, MacOSX and Linux.

guran

Don´t worry... am working on a Win32 GUI for Mupen64 and slowly am getting to a usable level. the first basic version is out and here is a video of the upcomming version that will allow you to enjoy this great emulator.

Watch the video here to see the changes of the upcomming version or check the forums here to grab the actual version.

Regards
@ruantec

I don't want to be rude or anything (but I probably am since I don't shut up instead), but that GUI looks a little bloated imo, with the logos and all the custom made graphics, I much prefer when it blends in with whatever theme you're using with your OS instead, it feels much more professional, but it will still be useful and make configuration easier.

aru

I figured he was a .NET guy. The downside from his approach is that he built a frontend on top of the commandline UI instead of using the official API for user interfaces as described on this wiki. Still it is great to see many interested developers working on this project. The nice thing of the Qt GUI is that it will work in Windows, MacOSX and Linux.

As i previously posted i didn´t knew about the Wiki information before i started the project so all i had in my hands was the commandline option as it was the only thing annoying the Win32 users. but now that i know about it i´ll definitelly make use of it and integrate that in the launcher.

as for portability am not just a .Net coder but actually a C/C++ coder so its not a problem for me to code the same app using QT or any other technology that may be multi-platform. the reason why i didn´t choosed QT is quite obvious as i don't use it and so am not that used to it and because i knew the GUI wouldn't be a big project but just another side project of mine since my main one is @ES.

Anyways i just released the new version here for all the people interested on it.

I don't want to be rude or anything (but I probably am since I don't shut up instead), but that GUI looks a little bloated imo, with the logos and all the custom made graphics, I much prefer when it blends in with whatever theme you're using with your OS instead, it feels much more professional, but it will still be useful and make configuration easier.

Bloated is always a word that is misundertanded by many but i think i got your point. the thing is am a Graphics designer and a Coder at the same time and if there's something i really hate then its the standard OS GUI's because they mostly suck(in my eyes). the GUI am using may look "Bloated" in term of programability because as a programmer when you think on such a eye-candy in a app your first thought would be GDI+ and since GDI+ is slow your app may end as a total dissaster.. however am not using GDI+ for it and that's why i think its ok... not to mention the low resource usage of the app itself taking in count what its able to do in its latest version.

anyways the project wasn't in my plans as i have a lot to do on my main ones but the real reason that motivated me to create the app is to help users out there that are struggling to get the emu working via commandline which was the first issue i saw. am not a gamer myself nor use Emulators that much nowdays so sometimes i miss a lot of infos like i did with the Api Wiki information about Mupen.

:)

Last edited:

Surkow

@aru - I was pretty much impressed with your speed. What exactly is this @ES project you are talking about? If your GUI work attracts more core MP64+ developers I'd certainly be happy.

Last edited:

aru

@aru - I was pretty much impressed with your speed. What exactly is this @ES project you are talking about? If your work attracts more core MP64+ developers I'd certainly be happy.

@ES(@ruantec Entertainment Software) is a application capable to do many things at once.

- Video capture at great speeds(am using it on my youtube videos)
- Emulators grab functionality(allows me to render any emulator on my own app window just as the Mupen64GUI do now)
- Multimedia(play audio and video)
- Motion-Sensing for games a la´ Natal-Project from MS by using your webcam.
- And a lot of features i won't mention now to avoid going off topic :)

if you open my youtube channel you can see the videos and progress of my apps and tests here: http://www.youtube.com/user/aruantec

Back on topic:

i would love to see more from Mupen64 because i really like it and it will be great to see more devs working on n64 emulation.

SpeedofMac

Mupen64Plus Mac Game Launcher

For any Mac uses who want to use Mupen64Plus 1.9.9.3 but who don't have much experience using the command line, I've thrown together a little drag-and-drop game launcher with Automator. Once you get a few things set up, all you have to do is drag a rom file onto the launcher, and the rest is done for you.

Check out "Launching Games" at http://speedofmac.com/mupen64plus.html for information on how to download the launcher and get it set up.

SpeedofMac

doesn't work for me... ^^

Are your roms in a folder called "N64_Roms" in your Applications folder, are the Mupen64Plus 1.9.9.3 files in a folder called "Mupen64Plus" in your Applications folder, and do your roms have underscores in their filenames instead of spaces? If so, is the "N64_Roms" folder the frontmost window in the Finder?

Last edited:

SpeedofMac

Is there a way to increase the size of the game window? In the "Glide64.ini" file I'm able to change scale_x and scale_y to adjust the resolution, but I haven't been able to find a setting to change the window size to match. Am I missing something?

Great job, by the way. The "InputAutoCfg.ini" is an excellent addition to the project, and I look forward to future releases.