What's new

new laptop/same slow speeds. any tips?

BomarJr

hi, i just got my hands on my laptop i wrote about a while back. its a 2.26 core2duo, 64 bit vista, and a radeon mobile 4580 and 4 gigs of RAM. well, i got the 64 bit recent release of dolphin and was disappointed with the performance. it was identical to the performance my desktop i have on my signature.low fps outdoor in wind waker (14 average), same 35 fps on smash bros, and 12 fps on twilight princess. is there anything i can do to improve the performance im getting? many thanks (again)

Last edited:

TBiscuit

Make sure you activate "Enable Dual Core" and "Enable Idle Skipping" under Basic settings.

Also, under Advanced settings, activate "Optimize Quantizers" and "DSP on Thread"

Try running the games under both DX9 and OGL plugins and disable any Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtoring options.

Good luck.

OP
B

BomarJr

lol, forgot to mention my settings. yes, i did have all of that initially. idk y performance is dragging, cause i though any 64 bit system with a processor over 2.20GHz should bring good overall performances with most titles. thanks for the response though. ;) does anyone have any other ideas? could it be vista thats slowing it down? thanks again