What's new

New home for Mupen64Plus on Google Code

Richard42

Emulator Developer
It's Easter, and I have good news. The Mupen64Plus project now has a home at Google Code. The link is: http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/

We have a bug tracker, to which I'm in the process of moving over the bug descriptions from the TODO file. We have a nice project page with a screenshot, a download section, a wiki with pages for the important docs like README and RELEASE, and a Google Group with a discussion forum.

So I invite you all to come over and check it out. :mupen64:

Eck

I RTFM! :)

Heh heh. I followed the directions and so joined Google and even posted on the Group. Hopefully more than 4 people (5 now) will find their way over there.

As mentioned in the post I made, on Debian Lenny/Sid and the NVidia 169.09 drivers installed the Debian way it is not necessary for me to disable that GLSL option in Glide64 to get the games to initiate like it was on OpenSUSE 10.3 and the NVidia 169.12 drivers installed from the NVidia/YaST repository. So something in the newer driver and/or that OpenSUSE implementation disables some features of OpenGL it seems, at least in my case.

Looking forward to installing and playing the new official release on the way! Thanks so much for the work on improving the Linux N64 emulation experience.

Eck

Yeah, that's why I don't join the Debian newsgroups. It's a mailing list for real. But nicely, this one gives you a check box to not be sent mail. So we can check it out on the web instead of receiving every post made to that list. I like to keep my email box tidy.

OP
R

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Yeah, that's why I don't join the Debian newsgroups. It's a mailing list for real. But nicely, this one gives you a check box to not be sent mail. So we can check it out on the web instead of receiving every post made to that list. I like to keep my email box tidy.

Yeah the Google Group is also just a web front-end on top of a real mailing list. It doesn't have all the features of a real web-based bulletin board like emutalk, but then again Google isn't flaky. :) I would like the developers at least to hang out there for technical discussions, and anyone else who's interested in Mupen64Plus can reach us there. But I'm sure everyone will still check Emutalk as well. I'm actually pretty impressed with the Google Code site - we have wikis, file hosting, bug tracker, and it's all free and clean.

Anyone who would like to join the project may PM me, and developer access will allow you to edit the wikis and work on the issue reports. The SVN server for the code is still hosted on my machine for now, but you can add files (like screenshots) to the Google SVN server and then link to those files in the wikis.