What's new

Nero Help

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Can anyone who uses ahead's Nero software for burning CD's help me out here..

Every freakin' time I try to burn a CD Image, I get the same error message (see attched)..

It's weird because I can copy a CD using Nero no problems.

I'm using XP and the latest version of Nero (5.5.7.2), btw.

Help appreciated guys..

mesman00

What's that...?
hmm, i wish i could help. when i first installed XP Nero gave me a problem that wouldn't let me burn a cd. so, i reinstalled the drivers for my cd-rw drive, and it worked fine. have ya tried that?

also, have ya tried using other another program to burn a cd, such as adaptec?

hotshitu

Banned
Bad ASPI layer install? Maybe Nero even comes with its own or conflicts with another app, never used it. My CDR probs were solved a long time ago with ForceASPI, I think that's the name.

LefterisD

If I can remember correctly nero has his own aspi layer in it. Try disabling the XP CDR function and try to write a CD.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I just thought it was weird that I could copy CD's using it no probs, just couldn't burn images..

Macca

stange...i don't think the aspi would really make a difference if you can copy cds normally, but what do i know?

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I had that problem as wel Jaz , but after reinstalling XP and installing Nero 5.5.1.8 everything worked fine.

The problem I had was something with a missing ASPI manager which I also needed to run CDRWIN 4.0a but I now always use Nero so if you can't find it pm me and I'll try to help you with that problem

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
EdgeBlade said:
Check WinUpdate, I think they have a fix for a similar problem, maybe it will help...
I'll try that. ;)

Last edited:

hotshitu

Banned
Since he mentioned the revision # of Nero... are you sure your recorder is actually compatible with Nero? Is that an OEM/light version of Nero you've got? Otherwise you should ask support if they can help? (I know it can be embarrassing, but so what ;))

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
hotshitu said:
Since he mentioned the revision # of Nero... are you sure your recorder is actually compatible with Nero?
Yeah, it is, I can copy CD's with it. ???

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Anyway, I downloaded all of the WinUpdates.. and still no luck. It's really gatting on my tits now.. :p

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I might be going out on a limb but I'll help you out tomorrow with this Jaz (this concerns a older version of Nero 5.5.1.8 + Crack which you can download from my FTP (I'll setup an account for you and I'll Pm you tomorrow)

If this is in anyway against the policy tell me and I'll remove this post immediately :)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
When it concerns assisting a Mod, the rule book is thrown out of the window.. ;)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I thought I'd move this thread here, it seems more at home.. :)

Anyway, I'm still having problems, so any advice is welcome.