What's new

Need help with BBC Micro!

wizface2137

I'm trying to emulate the BBC Micro version of Donkey Kong Junior. I can boot up the game just fine, but inputs aren't working. I'm running a 32 bit Windows XP, tried the BeebEm and Modelb-dx8 emulators, there is a B-Em emulator but my PC won't allow me to download it due to it being a suspicious link.

In either emulator, I've managed to boot up other games and have no issue, but I'm just stuck at the title screen for DK Jr. I've tried hooking up a joypad, or messing around with the input keys for the emulated keyboard, but so far nothing I've tried has worked. Can anybody get this game up and running and tell me what my issue is? It would be much appreciated!

OP
W

wizface2137

Update:

Tried 2 more emulators, Horizon and JSBeeb, same result. Another individual managed to get the input working in MESS, but unfortunately the jump input would cause the game to freeze so it's still unplayable. I couldn't get it to boot in MESS at all, I have the BBC bios files in the right folder but I'm still getting the grey icon in the QMC Mess launcher, which means BBC functionality isn't operational.