What's new

N64 Geometry Extraction

StrmnNrmn

Ooops - my mistake. I've no idea why that file wasn't included in the archive... I've attached the version from v0.08b-pre2, which I think is identical.

Incidentally, I'm in the process of setting up a sourceforge project to help me manage the development of the graphics plugin and the rest of daedalus.

crhylove

Banned
sourceforge....

sweet! yet another of my software updating forays will be done at sourceforge.net.

i was wondering why more n64 emu people weren't taking advantage of that. (zsnes and fce ultra are both on there, and they are THE key emus of their prospective consoles, imho).

if i were to guess alot of the reason for sourceforging it is a c3rt@in uber7331 1964 co-author? ;)

much luck nrmn.

u roxor.

isn't 1964 open source? maybe they should sourceforge too, u never know the random linux guru troll that might drop by and upload some bitchin' patch or other that does something spectacular. i know this happens all the time in many sourceforge projects. (could be construed as 7331 sourceforge karma whoring, but who cares? good for them!)

rhy
:devil:

StrmnNrmn

I've used Sourceforge in the past for other (non emu related) projects, my only relucatance in doing the same with Daedalus is that it's always taken longer than I'd like to get everything running smoothly (i.e. I've never really like using wincvs).

You're right though - one of the main reasons I've decided to set things up on sourceforge is to make it easier to collaborate with other people (such as Rice, and anyone else that wants to participate). Being open-source is fine, but manually merging changes people send in has always been a major pain for me - hopefully this should streamline things a bit.

The other reason for moving to sourceforge is to make it easier to coordinate the work I've been doing at work and at home. At the moment I'm burning code onto cd-rws and manually merging the changes at either end - not nice :)

OP
B

Brian2

I'm really sorry to come here with my compiling woes.. But I can't figure out what's wrong. I have attempted to get libpng set up correctly (using version 1.2.4). Apparently something is still wrong?:

Linking...
Creating library Debug/DaedalusGraphics.lib and object Debug/DaedalusGraphics.exp
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_write_end
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_write_image
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_set_bgr
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_write_info
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_set_IHDR
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_init_io
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_destroy_write_struct
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_create_info_struct
PngUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_create_write_struct
c:/n64emu/1964/1964_072/plugin/DaedalusGraphics.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Does this have to do with the version I am using? or do I need another library?

Thanks for your help

-Brian

OP
B

Brian2

I looked through some of the documentation and now I'm pretty sure it's the version of libpng I have. I'm just having trouble getting 1.0.9 set up correctly.

-Brian

StrmnNrmn

If you just want to get the plugin compiling, you can try undefining LIBPNG_SUPPORT in the project settings. Obviously you'll need this if you want to dump textures to disk.

Have you tried compiling the most recent version of libpng to see if that fixes things? If you still can't get it to compile I can post the static lib that I link with.

OP
B

Brian2

Ok.. I got it compiling and I looked through the source some. I saw the bit where it saves the geometry if the vrml exporter flag is defined. I changed that code to save the vertices to a file using ofstream. I'm not bad with c++, but I'm still learning about some of the nuances with classes and things. When I try it tells me that ofstream is undefined. I tried to include it at the top of the file, and the editor recognizes the members of the class when I type it. But the compiler gives me that error. thanks again for your help

-Brian

StrmnNrmn

I've not actually tried compiling with that flag set for some time (since the code was part of the main daedalus project and not in a plugin), so I guess there's a few things that need fixing.

Can you post the exact error message that you're getting?