What's new

N64 Adaptoid saves

nick_danger

2 Fast, not that Furious
HELP!

I deeply apologize for resurrecting this thread, but I am at my wit's end. I have been away from emulation in a long time (as you might notice from the date of my last post) and I want to transfer my N64 Wrestlemania 2000 custom superstars from my N64 to my PC. I have copied the save data from the game cart in the console to the memory packs in multiple N64 controllers. I have multiple Adaptoids. I have a PSX+N64 USB Converter. I have tried Adaptoid drivers from 1.0 to 2.0 on Windows 7 64-bit (with driver signing disabled) and on Windows XP 32-bit. The Adaptoid software that is supposed to let me see and copy the memory pages just says "No Adaptoids Detected 0 Pages", even though I can use the controller itself in Windows games and emulators.

The rub of all this is that I successfully did this about 10 years ago, but I can't remember how I did it and can no longer find the gamesave in any of my backups or emails. I can't find a single piece of software that can just access the freaking saved data through the USB adaptors!

Is there any other solution? Should I order an N64 DexDrive from Amazon?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Post moved from a decade old thread to a brand new thread and free of charge. :)

Are you sure that your save data is not corrupted?

DexDrives would be even harder to use do to the serial port and that the software is loaded from two 3.5" floppy's.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Don't get such devices unless you're willing to spend a lot of money and face a bunch of problems with old hardware.

Last edited:

zoinkity

Parallel port software doesn't exactly work as originally intended Vista onward. It doesn't work at all through those USB->parallel adapters either. Unless you have an older PC lying about, can rebuild uploaders from source, or can dual-boot an older OS I wouldn't suggest either proposed device.
For that matter, if you had a parallel port you could upload the saves from a GameShark/Action Replay. Vastly more economical than a dexdrive.

There are several modern solutions though. A USB controller adapter would allow you to connect the controller to a PC, and emulator controller plugins would allow you to copy the saves. The newer flashcarts allow copying saves onto the device, where you can pull it off onto PC. Most older ones do too, but they tend to be as or more expensive.

OP
nick_danger

nick_danger

2 Fast, not that Furious
Thanks for the input, all.

All my mempack saves are fine and readable on my N64. No corruption issues.

As I said, I have multiple USB controller adapters that work and recognize the controller, but not the mempack in the controller. What emulator plugin allows me to copy the game saves from my mempack to my PC?

The N64 DexDrive is only like $10 on Amazon and as I said I've got serial connectivity on my PCs, including a Windows XP machine. My XP machine has a floppy drive, but I've found the DexDrive software online for download.

I'd rather just use a free software solution, but I'd like to know what I need to use.

F

Fanatic 64

Well, if you can find blank floppies then you should be able to use it.