What's new

n00b, with a n00b question....

BlingBGBling

hey just got a new dell fresh out of the box.. ATI rage Pro.. 1.5 ghz...PJ runs well...but everygame i play some of the graphics are messed up for example...conquers bfd some of the characters are black..same with mario...and with zelda some models are balck and zelda has white outfit on.....help me please...

BlingBGBling said:
hey just got a new dell fresh out of the box.. ATI rage Pro..

i read that far and slapped my forhead... i know you said n00b... but dell... ATI Rage Pro?! My good man you have been thouroughly shafted, slap a geforce 2MX in there, that'll sort you out :) if notdownload new drivers, get the latest version of direct x, etc etc...

dell...

i mean...

ATI Rage Pro...

*leaves room in disgust*

2fast4u

wot he wants to say i ur gfx card sucks so that is basically ur problem. :(

no offense sy, i just couldnt resist. ;)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
BlingBGBling said:
hey just got a new dell fresh out of the box.. ATI rage Pro.. 1.5 ghz...PJ runs well...but everygame i play some of the graphics are messed up for example...conquers bfd some of the characters are black..same with mario...and with zelda some models are balck and zelda has white outfit on.....help me please...

Heck, I have the same thing, Dont bother me...

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Try to check "Change blending mode if invalid for video card" under Options>cofigure Graphics plugin>Emulation tab i'm not sure it will solve your problem but it might help.

OP
B

BlingBGBling

sorry not everyone is as perfect as you.....i guess im gonna have to scrub up some money for this geforce thing...

2fast4u

no sarcasm please ... but thats just the way it is. the rage pro is based on a chip that was released in (i think) '98 which the ported on agp. and i cant understand why dell but that thing in a 1.5ghz machine.

Remote

2fast4u said:
no sarcasm please ... but thats just the way it is. the rage pro is based on a chip that was released in (i think) '98 which the ported on agp. and i cant understand why dell but that thing in a 1.5ghz machine.

It is a OEM computer and ATI sells most of their graphic ships in OEM computers, mainly trough Dell, Gateway and Compaq. And the ATI Rage and the ATI Rage PRO graphics chips are probaly older then that.

2fast4u

Remote said:

It is a OEM computer and ATI sells most of their graphic ships in OEM computers, mainly trough Dell, Gateway and Compaq. And the ATI Rage and the ATI Rage PRO graphics chips are probaly older then that.

lemee see, im not sure ... ati rage3d -> ati rage II -> ati rage II+ (and a bunch other revisions too like rage IIc) -> rage pro. the rage3d was released in '97 about the same time as the s3 virge.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
this is seriously bad of Dell to be selling those cards in 2002.. i think the design dates from 1996 (btw, same year N64 was released here)... 6 years old people... wrong wrong wrong to be selling it now!

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
you know, now that i think of it the pic looks a little like how my voodoo 3 looked be4 i used Mr. bollywood's fix.

if you're really desperate it wouldn't hurt to try DirectControl.

Smiff said:
this is seriously bad of Dell to be selling those cards in 2002.. i think the design dates from 1996 (btw, same year N64 was released here)... 6 years old people... wrong wrong wrong to be selling it now!

see, his first mistake was buying from an OEM:blush:

how about we all give him a group hug and let him off... as soon as he gets hold of a geforce 2mx ;)