AMD Duron 840Mhz
Geforce 4 MX 440 64MB vRam (4.1.0.9)
C-Media Onboard Sound
512MB DDR333 PC2100
WinXP sp2
5GB + 40GB HD's
iWill KA266 1.3 DDR AGP4X

New

(CPU UNKNOWN) (Aiming for a Sempron 1800+ or highet)
Geforce 4 MX 440 64MB (5.6.8.4)
C-Media Onboard Sound
512MB DDR333 PC2100
Fresh WinXP SP2 Install
better Cooler
40GB Maxtor Fast IDE HD
(MOBO UNKNOWN) (Might be getting a GA-K8N

And finally, the pc im making out of spare parts:
AMD Duron 800mhz
Geforce 2 MX 100/200 32MB (7.7.7.2)
Fortemedia PCI Audio
256MB SD RAM
Fresh WinXP SP2 Install
5GB + 4GB HD's
(MOBO UNKNOWN) (I think will be KA266)

i wonder if these is good to play n64 & psx emulation? both of them?

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
well, its certainly an improvement, but its not exactly "new". You can play most non-taxing n64 games and maybe even the zelda games.

OP
G

GCFreak

ive been able to play zelda ooc on my 840mhz, and i will be able to play all my games at full speed (N64 & psx) plus thats all i can afford right now...
I have heaps of pc parts, but most are old and broken :(
but the newer ones work fine ;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
All except Perfect Dark/Goldeneye, Conkers BFD, Banjo-tooie... these are ones that will struggle on a Duron...

Last edited:
OP
G

GCFreak

i can enjoy golden eye on my n64 i got that game i dun like those other games, my lil bro wants conker bad fur day though, maybe i can do a miracle and make it wrk properly lol.

I have a total of lots of games:

1080 Snowboarding
Mario 64
Smash bros
Mario Tennis
Mario Party (1,2,3)
zelda ooc (1.2)
wave race (1.0)
yoshi story
and more and they work near perfect speed on my 800mhz duron

Trotterwatch

Conkers should work fine on a Duron 1.3ghz, worked fine for me on my old Athlon Thunderbird 900mhz.

Might be worth your while picking up a graphics card (very cheaply) with Pixel Shaders (FX5200/Radeon 8500 or above) for N64 emulation. A Voodoo 5 would be nice too.

OP
G

GCFreak

i dont do 3dfx or voodoo
i do have my eyes on an fx5200, but i cant afford it yet

Last edited:

smcd

it's too bad you don't "do" 3dfx/voodoo; it's kickass man. Use Glide64 and enjoy :p

OP
G

GCFreak

ive used glide64 but my pcs dont work with it well even though i use glide wrappers

EDIT: i use glide64 with ultrahle 2064 and it wrks well with that, but i use pj64, pj64k for netplay
also i have also emulated ps2 bios with my 840mhz pc also bam3k at fairly good speeds

EDIT2: i use JaboD3D8 1.6 plugin

(man, u get it dont u?) EDIT3: i might be not able to get the 1.3ghz duron anymore, the bidding in the auction site closes in 7 hours.

Last edited:

milen

If you can afford buy duron appledbread 1.4mhz, overclock it to 1.8 at least and you have no problems with all n64 games that are supported. Alse 1964 is faster in most games than pj64. GoldenEye is faster (full speed) with my voodoo3, glide64 than radeon9000pro and jabo 1.6

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I used to have a Pentium 4, I think it was like 1.5 Ghz or something, a GeForce 2 and a 40 gig harddrive with I think either 256MB of Ram or 512, before I upgraded to what I have now and I was able to run Project64 and most games fairly smooth.

Stezo2k

S-2K
personally i say wait til you have the money and buy a much more powerful system, i wouldn't say that upgrade is worth it