okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Mupen64K 0.60

FIXED THE BUNDLE:::

http://okaycreations.com/M64K_060.zip

from the readme said:
VI. Starting Netplay
-------------------------

So now we get to the Netplay part of Mupen64K, this section should provide a guide to properly setting up Kaillera.
I provided two versions of Kaillera: Supraclient CPPE, and the original core.

To run one of them, set up your plugins, and rom directory and then goto Utilities -> Kaillera // Old Kaillera
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME ON KAILLERA, USE OLD KAILLERA BECAUSE IT HAS MORE CHECKS TO ENSURE LESS GLITCHES.

For that matter too, I will only provide a guide on using Old Kaillera!

First, enter your username in the username box. (this is on the bottom)
Next, select 'Good (20 keyframes/s)' as your connection type.

Now, you may use another server but for pratical purpose, and ease of writing this guide I will just tell you how to connect to Emularena Grounds

Click 'Enter IP' and paste this address into the box:
69.90.34.14:27888

Now click connect! Next time you want to join the server, check your Recent tab.

So now you should be in the server, if it doesn't connect that means the server is down, and you now have an opportunity to figure out how to refresh the
serverlist by yourself... (I hope this never happens LOL)

You should have two buttons now 'Join' & 'Create Game'...
If you set your ROM directory up, you should be able to join games with people playing on the same version of Mupen as you.
If you click create game, and see nothing then follow these guides:

Make sure you set your directory.
Refresh your ROM List.
Restart Mupen64K, after setting your directory.
Restart Kaillera...
If you have a ton of ROMs then make a smaller folder and use that as your directory... (remove the old one from your list)
Redownload Mupen64K, you might have a bugged Mupen64.ini
Post on www.emularenagrounds.com or any emulator forum supporting Mupen64k, asking for help. (please explain specifically the problem) (sign up)

Sometimes when in games you desynch, this is caused by dropped packets (game data), or lag. Just restart the game if this happens... However
Mupen64K rarly desynchs, and it even plays games like Goldeneye...

FIXED THE BUNDLE:::

http://okaycreations.com/M64K_060.zip

Last edited:
OP
O

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
mupen64knp5.png

mudlord

Banned
And to add further insult to injury, you use a 1.7 leaked RDB....
May I ask, why? :angry:

Last edited:

Iconoclast

I would just like to take to randomly post this quote out of nowhere from some random file for the reason I don't know.

Project64.rdb said:
// ============ RDB for PJ64 v1.7. GoodN64 v202b ====================================
// Project64 v1.7 Official RDB
// BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA
// Not for distribution to non-members
// Not for use with PJ64 v1.6 or previous.
// highly innacurate compat info!

Sorry, dude, I warned you about this..

OP
O

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Uh, I was given that from someone, and never checked... oops.. ok, I will remove the link for now. sorrys.

OP
O

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Considering it plays a nice long hour straight+ with no desynch, I'd have to agree with that... not to mention it plays Goldeneye online, works on Vista, and will be ported to the Mac and Linux.

Gonna post a video of Goldeneye Online

OP
O

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Where is the source code ?
Kaillera is not yet Linux compatible so there isn't much to port. The Kaillera devs. are working on an opensource version of the client, http://okai.sf.net which will be portable to Linux, and include Linux binaries.

The source isn't anything special, and I will release it when I feel the implementation of Kaillera is complete and bug free. I did though provide a version of my source to hacktarux.

GE Master

Okay this is very juicy! I can't wait to give this a go. Question though, can you tell us what plugins you were using for your GoldenEye video sample? This will save a lot of testing it seems because you have it dialed in. Thanks!

OP
O

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
All players must use the following: (from what I know)

I'm pretty sure the only time we desynched was a difference in controller plugin's.

Jabo3D8 1.6 (get it from PJ64 1.6, and make sure to copy your Project64.rdb over too)
NRage v1.6 (the one included)
Azimar Sound (the one included)
hacktarux's RSP (the one included)

Iconoclast

All players must use the following: (from what I know)

I'm pretty sure the only time we desynched was a difference in controller plugin's.

Jabo3D8 1.6 (get it from PJ64 1.6, and make sure to copy your Project64.rdb over too)
NRage v1.6 (the one included)
Azimar Sound (the one included)
hacktarux's RSP (the one included)
Why are you supplying an outdated version of N-Rage's DirectInput8 with Mupen64k? The correct version should be 2.00b, not 1.6. You might also want to have Mupen64k check if both players are using different input plugins somehow, and notify a report of a possible synching issue.

For sound, schibo's Audio Plugin is faster than Azimer's HLE and Jabo's DirectSound, but can be configured to sound better with Hacktarux's RSP, which is lucky. You may also want to therefore supply this audio plugin, and zilmar's No Sound for those few out there who can't output sound, are deaf or just do not want it for some reason.

You do not need to use Jabo's graphics plugins. Though they are faster than most plugins for middle/low-level systems, Glide64 can be faster, and Rice's Video Plugin is sometimes the only plugin that can get a game going as playable.

Tillmann

Whatever
Why are you supplying an outdated version of N-Rage's DirectInput8 with Mupen64k? The correct version should be 2.00b, not 1.6. You might also want to have Mupen64k check if both players are using different input plugins somehow, and notify a report of a possible synching issue.

For sound, schibo's Audio Plugin is faster than Azimer's HLE and Jabo's DirectSound, but can be configured to sound better with Hacktarux's RSP, which is lucky. You may also want to therefore supply this audio plugin, and zilmar's No Sound for those few out there who can't output sound, are deaf or just do not want it for some reason.

You do not need to use Jabo's graphics plugins. Though they are faster than most plugins for middle/low-level systems, Glide64 can be faster, and Rice's Video Plugin is sometimes the only plugin that can get a game going as playable.

Could you tell me your real intention? Why are you flaming this guy all along???
Man you have some serious problem I've must say!
To the hell that he made a mistake with the pj64 plugins.
Leave the guy alone man!!!

try out his work, n after that you can flame or do whatever you want...( but keep in mind that your atittude it's against the community rulles)