What's new

multiplayer dolphin

Munch357

Has Dolphin made multiplayer compatible?

Because i heard one guy saying that dolphin had disabled the function.

Coco

Let them get it working for single player emulation first. Once they got that, multiplayer most likely won't be too far off anyways. Unless of course you mean over the net multiplayer, that might be quite awhile off. :)

JinXD

It's not disabled. Expecting net play is a joke tbh, even in mature/advanced emulators this is difficult to implement.

Coco

I don't think netplay would be that hard to do. Not when you compare it to making the actual emulator that is. Remember the xbox already nativly supports system link, which simply connects to an IP on a local network. So all the emulator would have to do, it redirect that to a specified internet IP. Compaired to ther other work on the emulator it's quite likely one of the easier things to get done.

Of course things like internet smash bros would be way harder since that game doesn't support system link, and you'd actually have to do something pretty complex to allow player 2 to be remotely connected. I don't really expect to ever see that.

maxim(L2)

but the problem is the sequencing of the game, it would be laggy if the game didnt support it in the first place...

Coco

Oh my, god, there is something wrong with brain. For some reason I was thinking system link was as common on the GC as it is on the XBOX. Gah!

I'm sorry guys, I don't know what I was thinking.

ChaosCode

well the only way you will see internet multiplayer is if one of the devs adds a plugin spot for it with the right function exported.