What's new

Moderators...Please fix the view counter

gitech

N64 Artist
Moderators,

Is it possible to fix the view counter?

Not having it working removes some of the fun and encouragement to be part of this forum and work on texture packs. ;)

Thank you,
Jay

Cyberman

Moved to the correct forum.

As far as I know they are not broken. You viewing your own thread only counts once I believe.

Cyb

Cyberman

Look at this forum.
The thread that says 6999 (right as of this moment) with only 284 posts. I believe it kind of supports that it's working too me. So ... explain in further detail? The board uses a few metrics to decide on the view count. First those posting in the thread doesn't count as an additional view. Those reading the thread who aren't in the set of posting individuals add to it likely. I'm not positive what it does beyond ignore posters extra views, but it's obvious it does something to prevent people from boosting the view count artificially.

That about is all I can really say. I don't believe it's broken. Just like only 3 people have viewed this thread thus far.

Last edited:

Cyberman

The number of posts increased 292 but the view count hasn't (6999) interesting.

Hmmmmm

I guess we give it a day and see the numbers?

Cyb

Toasty

Sony battery
Well, before I looked at this thread it had 8 replies (9 posts) and 9 views, and after I viewed it, it still had the same values, so I suspect the OP may be right. I've noticed quite a few threads recently where the view count was only 1 more than the reply count.

Remote

Atleast posting works, neh?

So everytime someone points out something not working I'll asap point out something that's working :p

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Ah, I found it! :D I was wondering where my thread went. =]

Hmmm, so can it be fixed?

Thanks,
Jay

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
at least emutalk still works,:satisfied
can anyone remember back when it was down for a week or two?:ranting:

no?
ok
if not then you must remember the bot attacks?:robot:

:cry: i remember the bot attacks:down:

a small post counter is not a big deal now is it?:flowers:

Cyberman

But who would volunteer to count posts? I don't have time to watch paint dry these days! ;)

Remote

Right... posting works damnit! you need to fix that right away!

{cough} yes a few things are broken, but there are no pieces of glass sticking out in weird places yet.

Cyb

Remote

If someone would give me access to all the neat stuff I could easily brake something that was working.:p

But I agree, ET is in need of someone behind the wheels that would update vB more often then never...

Trotterwatch

Martin lives (I believe) about 5 miles away from me, maybe I should go and knock on his door and ask him for Admin access :D

Though that would be a litttttttttttttttttttttttttttttle bit creepy, lol

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Why not? Maybe It would bring some life back in here. For the sake of good old times. :D

Toasty

Sony battery
Martin lives (I believe) about 5 miles away from me, maybe I should go and knock on his door and ask him for Admin access :D

Do it! He already knows we're all a little creepy. :w00t:

Cyberman

You could ask for the keys to the board car and stuff too... Oh wait there is no car.

Tell him (if you do visit) everyone says "yo" and such.

Cyb